For sale, 1964 Mercury

texan

For sale, one driver, little old lady, 1964 Mercury. High milage, but only one owner.

Florida woman, 93, reaches end of the road after 576,000 miles in her 1964 Mercury.
The end of the road is here for Rachel Veitch's beloved "Chariot."
After 576,000 miles -- or more than a trip to the moon and back -- in the same 1964 Mercury Comet Caliente, the
93-year-old Orlando grandmother is stepping on the brakes due to age-related macular degeneration in both
eyes. She realized her vision had completely failed her in early March after running a "bald-faced red light," Veitch told FoxNews.com.

Veitch, a retired nurse who told FoxNews.com in July 2009 that the car had outlasted three marriages
and three sets of shocks, said she last drove on March 9. The following day, her worst fears were confirmed
when she couldn't read large headlines in the newspaper, the result of years of deteriorating vision for the
near-obsessive car fanatic.

"I know I'm not safe enough to drive," she continued. "But I have taken it in stride."
Veitch bought her beloved ride for $3,289 in February 1964 from a dealer in Sanford, Fla. The car, which has
been appraised at $12,000, has gone through 18 batteries, eight mufflers and countless oil
changes. She credits her near-obsessive dedication to the car as the main reason why it's spent
nearly half a century in her care.

Read more: Florida Woman, 93, Reaches End Of The Road After 576,000 Miles In Her 1964 Mercury | Fox News

texan

veitch640.jpg