For The Future, I'm Voting NO

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
I'll keep this short. I'm in feeders, so although I'm no longer linked to package car, I know I would be against 22.4 if I were.

But for feeders, the idea of giving UPS the right to use contractors is the beginning of the end for us. That our negotiators thought this was a good idea demonstrates how short-sighted, and/or incompetent they are.

This is the worst proposal I've ever been offered.

PASS.

oldupsman

Allowing any outside contractors at all goes right up there with the 4 year progression
to top rate. Two of the biggest giveaways in the history of unionism.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The company and the union keep complaining that they can’t hire enough drivers to run our freight. Well yeah, when you start them at $20 an hour and have a 4 year progression to top scale, you just don’t want to pay for them.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
The company and the union keep complaining that they can’t hire enough drivers to run our freight. Well yeah, when you start them at $20 an hour and have a 4 year progression to top scale, you just don’t want to pay for them.
They pay seasonal drivers 30$ an hour. Then Ask them to stay on full time at 18.75$ they all say hell no and leave.
Also the bottom guys are used as on call drivers.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Originally these progression rates were brought in with the thought process from the Company that it would take a time in their opinion for the employee to get up to the standards of being a productive/trained employee. Apparently the Union has agreed with them and every contract for the most part the progression years have been getting longer. With these 22.4s' it is a great opportunity for them to start another classification and another progression window. Like it has been said before this new 22.4 position is a foot in the door to eliminate any new RPCD and 22.3 positions for the future. Sure the current number will be protected, but watch 15 or 20 years down the line and just see how the seniority lists for the the 22.4 grows. (25 percent ratio, only one can imagine). They will never make the same amount of hourly rate as the current RPCDs (6 dollars less), this is bad language and once it gets in it is like an embedded tick and almost impossible to correct.

Let us be serious and really think on how long does it get when trained properly for a employee to become profitable for the company (3 months at best).

I am not in feeders, but when I saw the starting rate of 18.75 with the attendance bonus of 675 a week for showing up on time I had to chuckle. What seasoned CDL semi driver would sign up for it, again that progression concession chases the most qualified and experienced ones alway. Only chance of finding proper manning with the feeder department would be from our current package car division and in my center no one wants to take that jump.