Force to work in another center

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
By seniority. The lowest go first. Higher seniority cover drivers should have the right to bump lower guys with regular routes in their center. That's how it's happened in our building. Not without a fight, of course.

Our higher sen. guys didn't have to go, but one went and caused so much trouble by needing help, with directions, etc. that he always went with a supervisor. The whole ordeal lasted less than two weeks. He always offered to go back to that center to "help" with a smirk on his face, but--if you can imagine--was refused.

Indecisi0n

By seniority. The lowest go first. Higher seniority cover drivers should have the right to bump lower guys with regular routes in their center. That's how it's happened in our building. Not without a fight, of course.

Our higher sen. guys didn't have to go, but one went and caused so much trouble by needing help, with directions, etc. that he always went with a supervisor. The whole ordeal lasted less than two weeks. He always offered to go back to that center to "help" with a smirk on his face, but--if you can imagine--was refused.

So 7 stops an hour should solve this problem :happy-very:

UPSGUY72

If they say there is a need for drivers at another center can they force drivers to go ?

Tell them your not going and see what happens.

They are suppose to give you 24 HR notice if not they have to pay travel time to and from the other building and you should be able to take a package car if you want.

UPSGUY72

So 7 stops an hour should solve this problem :happy-very:

Or maybe start a new one.

Indecisi0n

They are suppose to give you 24 HR notice if not they have to pay travel time to and from the other building and you should be able to take a package car if you want.

If I demand to take a package car they pay me until I arrive back to my original center where my personal car is?

UPSGUY72

If I demand to take a package car they pay me until I arrive back to my original center where my personal car is?

Yes. That is if they don't give you 24hr notice. If they give you 24 HR notice then you don't get paid for travel and you don't get to take a package car.

Nickfury7

Had to do this, this past Friday. Went from Phl to Oregon ave, didn't get paid for travel time, and found out I had to go there at 8 when I arrived. Had to leave and drive to Oregon ave.

Nickfury7

Told me to. And I'm not even a FTimer. But i went there and I did a route cold, and got done at 2:15. 156 stops. Only reason I did that, is because I'm trying to get s FT job. Blowing every route out until I make it. But I tried to refuse going, but they demanded I went.

Indecisi0n

Anyone know where/if the contract deals with this? I been skimming through the table of contents and can't find anything on it.

bigblu 2 you

we get paid mileage to the other center or take a package car and put on the clock at the time you leave.same as covering for sattelite routes.rarely happens due to $$$$ and a licsense to steal.

bumped

When they tried to have me go to another center I always refused. They never bothered me about it. I would rather be off than drive to another center.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You get paid from your start time, IE: do not leave the building until your start time and punch out is when you get back to your building.