Forced 6th punch question?

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Central region.
Do they have to give you notice before forcing you to come in to work a 6th punch? I feel like I have heard 24 hour notice is required but cannot find it anywhere in the contract or supplement. Any help or roasting is appreciated!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
Central region.
Do they have to give you notice before forcing you to come in to work a 6th punch? I feel like I have heard 24 hour notice is required but cannot find it anywhere in the contract or supplement. Any help or roasting is appreciated!
All there is in the Central about 6th punch.

Section 9-Full-Time and Part-time Employees
All work performed on the employee’s sixth (6th) day shall be paid
at time and one-half (1 1/2). All work performed on the employee’s
seventh (7th) day worked shall be paid at double time.
Prior to working any employee six (6) or seven (7) days, the
Employer shall have the right to work any qualified employee who
has not yet had the opportunity to work five (5) days.
If an employee is required to work a sixth (6th) and seventh
(7th) consecutive day at the Employer’s request, they shall be
paid the appropriate premium regardless of the established work
week.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They got me with the green light of death 15 minutes before I clocked out. I know better than to answer any call off the clock.

Those sons of...

Are you the bottom of seniority? If not did you make sure everyone below you was forced to work? Or that they all had 5 days this week? Are you willing to call off sick? Those would probably be your only outs.

Cheech_

It's mostly Maui Wowie but part Labrador.
Central region.
Just say FMLA and hang up like everyone else!

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Central region.

There's nothing contactual about 24 hrs notice in the Central.

Why are they requiring you to work ?

Schedule has to be posted 1 week in advance!

Not if it is extra work, air work (per article 40) or in lieu of working supervisors.

-Bug-

SameRightsForAll

When I look on a calendar, it says Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. There is no day called Six Punch. If you're asking about Saturday work why not just say Saturday.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
When I look on a calendar, it says Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday. There is no day called Six Punch. If you're asking about Saturday work why not just say Saturday.

Because, depending on your schedule, a 6th punch is not always on a Saturday? That should go without saying, even though, in the OP's case, his 6th punch would be on a Saturday.