Forced in on day off

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by DRporch, Dec 4, 2017.

1. DRporch

DRporch Member

central region

Was curious on the ruling is there a certain payscale? Does peak void that?

We got bumped to 70hrs already so I won’t have time to use the search feature 13-14hr days are here

Thanks for the input! I’m a T-S driver forced in on Monday.

I have zero issues working it just curious on pay.

2. livin the dream

livin the dream Active Member

time and a half on 6th punch

3. DRporch

DRporch Member

is monday considered my 6th punch? or is saturday? as with or without the guarnte id be over 40 on a normal work week

4. Overworked driver

Overworked driver New Member

You cannot be 'forced' in on your day off.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. livin the dream

the week is Sunday to sat so sat would be the 6th punch.

6. Overworked driver

Overworked driver New Member

For Tue-Sat guys volunteering on Mondays, Monday is considered their sixth punch

7. livin the dream

but it's the first punch of the week

8. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

This is not true in all areas.

9. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

You're best bet would be to look in your supplemental Rider under work day work week. It should explain if. you get time-and-a-half on Mondays or only on Saturday as a 6-day punch.

10. DRporch

DRporch Member

i have been looking for it cant seem to find it myself will have to give me local a call

11. babboo25

babboo25 Active Member

If I’m “forced” a 6th punch I’ll already be on OT and getting time and a half, makes zero sense. 6th day needs to be double time, luckily here they cannot force a 6th punch.

12. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver I like Money

Yep
    Showing up on your day off is stupid.

13. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

You said that you were in the Central.

Peak does not void that and your 6th day is time and a half.

I think @BigUnionGuy already had a ruling on whether it would be Saturday or Monday.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  14. Ghost in the Darkness

Ghost in the Darkness Active Member

Do they come to your house with guns? If so you should surprise them next time with your 2nd Amendment rights.

15. barnyard

barnyard KTM rider Staff Member

I would fight tooth and nail for Monday to be the 6th punch if I were a Tu-Sa schedule. Monday is pretty much always a longer day than Saturday. I would want my longer day to be all OT pay too.

16. 3 done 3 to go

3 done 3 to go In control of my own destiny

This is the season for ot. It is really what we do. As long as I have hours left. I will work.

17. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Same in the 177 thankfully, because we just got moved to 70. Couldn’t imagine working somewhere where they can force a 6th punch. That sucks

18. BY the time Saturday comes around I only have like 2 or 3 hours left. We are still on 60 hours. Yet they still have to pay the 8 hour guarantee. They hate to pay it and try to force you into a pay actual. Say no and get that free $. Unless you are part time cover and not covering a bid route.

19. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

Just to be clear, you have no time to use the search feature or ask your co-workers (or supervisor) due to working so much, but yet you have miraculously found time to post at least 25 times since starting this thread?

Stop being a chump

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017 at 10:21 PM
  20. DRporch

DRporch Member

come hold my hand and help me along? you seem to be all up on my :censored2: anyways.