Osubrownguy

Okay guys I have unfortunately been on the Tuesday-Saturday schedule since my hub implemented Saturday ground back in may. Supervisor text me Sunday night about start time being 830 monday. Well with me not working a Monday in over 6 months I had no heads up to find a baby sitter in order to work. Now I’m sitting here stressing out about missing work today but I had no heads up. I’ve been with the company long enough to know about these games they play...peak is among us and I understand that but are they able to do that? So the guys who work m-friend still get to enjoy their 2 days off? I’m just not good with 12 hour notices for having to work with me being young with 2 kids and an old lady who works just as much as me

Faceplanted

They need to give you 24hr notice of start time. They should have told you sat morn that you were working Monday morn. It's also forced from the bottom up seniority wise.

Dont worry, enjoy your day off. There will be plenty of work tomorrow to have you out 14 hours

Faceplanted

Is that in your Supplement or Local Rider ?

I'd like to read it. Thanks.

-Bug-
24 hour notice of start time

Forced 6 punches go from the bottom up.

This is the accepted practice in my local

I still don't bother showing up for forced 6 punches if they tell me I'm required. Never got disciplined.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
24 hour notice of start time

Forced 6 punches go from the bottom up.

This is the accepted practice in my local

I still don't bother showing up for forced 6 punches if they tell me I'm required. Never got disciplined.

I've just never read that, in any supplemental language.

Just as a qualified pkg car Driver can't be placed "on-call". (in the Central)

I think it's more of a myth, than a contractual reality.

You know how UPS is.... "give them an inch, and they take many miles".

-Bug-

over9five

Staff member
Okay guys I have unfortunately been on the Tuesday-Saturday schedule since my hub implemented Saturday ground back in may. Supervisor text me Sunday night about start time being 830 monday. Well with me not working a Monday in over 6 months I had no heads up to find a baby sitter in order to work. Now I’m sitting here stressing out about missing work today but I had no heads up. I’ve been with the company long enough to know about these games they play...peak is among us and I understand that but are they able to do that? So the guys who work m-friend still get to enjoy their 2 days off? I’m just not good with 12 hour notices for having to work with me being young with 2 kids and an old lady who works just as much as me

"What text?"

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.

Not your problem; if they didn’t inform you on Saturday that you’re working Monday then it doesn’t count. Don’t exchange texts with your sup anymore, and don’t answer their phone calls on your scheduled days off.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They tried to force our Tues-Sat drivers in today, got 15 routes sitting as we speak. One thing’s is for sure, Kroger makes a mean sub sandwich.

35years

Gravy route
I've just never read that, in any supplemental language.

Just as a qualified pkg car Driver can't be placed "on-call". (in the Central)

I think it's more of a myth, than a contractual reality.

You know how UPS is.... "give them an inch, and they take many miles".

-Bug-
So the same would apply in the Central for M-Fri being told on Friday they have to work Sat?

They took down the posted start schedule, so since I was not scheduled for Saturday last week they can't tell me this Friday I will be forced on Saturday.....Correct?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Is that in your Supplement or Local Rider ?

I'd like to read it. Thanks.

-Bug-
From the Atlantic Area supplement:
When the starting time of fifty percent (50%) or more of a shift is to be changed, one week’s
notice shall be given, except in the event of an act of God. When
the starting time of less than fifty percent (50%) of a shift is
changed, reasonable notice of 48 hours is to be given. During
November and December, for package and hub operations only, the
notification above shall not apply to start time changes of fifteen
(15) minutes or less; however for those operations, the affected
employees shall be notified prior to the end of their shift the pre-
ceding workday.

Maplewood

Maplewood

In my area your start times for the next week must be posted by Friday. Meaning if you are forced Monday, it would have to have been posted Friday as a 6th day. They would have had to go in seniority order and offer the "extra work" to all Tue-Sat drivers in seniority order first, then force from the bottom. Lazy managers never do this so higher ups can file for money and not even work. If they had any brain they would have forced everybody and posted it Friday. There is no discipline for missing a day you never knew you had to work by the Friday before. They can threaten discipline but in the end there won't be any. Stay home, rest up. Life sucks bad enough already for anyone that worked Friday and worse if you had to work Sat. It's not like it snowed 2 feet anywhere.