Forced ORION gives us power.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Can't do it. You get one package added to your truck 10 minutes before you roll out and it changes the entire dispatch of your day. Better off loading it RDO, everything is in the truck in relatively the same spot every day.
Do you delivery RDO stop for stop? Hell no. Same for Orion.

The trouble with the system is the premise they built it on. Instead of, how to we cut miles, they went with, how to get to the absolute lowest miles.

Last edited:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I dont understand these guys who come in every day bitching and crying trying to figure out the fastest way back the building. Follow the methods, follow orion, request a ride along to get them off your back and get a new time study on your route.
You had me until the “time study” part.
“Time studies” were never intended to be fair or realistic in the first place. Their sole purpose...is to create a “standard” that can only be met by working off of the clock.
By demanding a new “study” you are acknowledging their legitimacy. And the result will be that they will do a new “study” and instead of being 2 hours overallowed you will be 3 hours overallowed.
You have a better chance of catching rainbows or sniffing unicorn farts than of ever getting a fair and legitimate “time study.”

Staydryitsraining

You had me until the “time study” part.
“Time studies” were never intended to be fair or realistic in the first place. Their sole purpose...is to create a “standard” that can only be met by working off of the clock.
By demanding a new “study” you are acknowledging their legitimacy. And the result will be that they will do a new “study” and instead of being 2 hours overallowed you will be 3 hours overallowed.
You have a better chance of catching rainbows or sniffing unicorn farts than of ever getting a fair and legitimate “time study.”
Every center manager is different. Some go to bat for their drivers.

barnyard

KTM rider
Which is probably in our best interest. If we run 100% and force them to fix the system then the system works and we become more easily replaceable.

Orion cannot be fixed. I was told that the u-turn option cannot be removed. Orion will always look for the shortest route.

Following 100% trace AND no residential backs is the key to making this work. My wagon is too big to make u-turns. I will be driving and driving and driving.

The Driver

I drive.
Orion cannot be fixed. I was told that the u-turn option cannot be removed. Orion will always look for the shortest route.

Following 100% trace AND no residential backs is the key to making this work. My wagon is too big to make u-turns. I will be driving and driving and driving.

I am on break right now because I’m starting lose my mind.

ORION has me deliver 9249 Apple Rd, 9227 Apple Rd, 12208 West Pine (a one way in one way out right off of Apple Rd), then LEAVE Apple Rd, deliver some other streets and then COME BACK INTO APPLE ROAD WHERE I EXITED IT TO DELIVER THE 9100 BLOCK OF APPLE ROAD!!! I drove right by the 9100 block earlier. Could’ve delivered it. Always did with RDO.

Unbelievable. Unbelievable.

What an absolute garbage heap, a waste of time and effort and money.

Last edited:

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

My old PDS and I put in fake oneway streets for almost my entire route. It worked. Until someone from corporate decided to remove them all. It eliminated the u turn almost entirely.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Pcm this morning, on car insists that we strive for 85% compliance. Tells us that we need to be scrolling through the diad to be certain that we are clearing each street while we're on it. Reminded us that we were all "professionals" and we know how to run our routes. He was half right. It's just way too hard for us professionals to keep going behind the amateurs that are in charge and clean up their messes.
Then I'm told that my solution is planned over allowed. What does that even mean?

Last edited: