Forced Overtime

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
It is easy to dish the crap to feeders, until you work a couple of jobs.

I work in a smaller out state center and am qualified to cover feeders, so I regularly work a variety of routes and have covered 3 of my center's feeder jobs.

I will grant that it is not difficult physically to drive from the center to the hub. The in-between stuff can be pretty brutal.

1 job starts with putting an empty on our building, then build a set, pull the set to a shipper, uncouple the back trailer and dolly, put the empty on a door, grab a load, rebuild the set. Now go to another shipper, if there is room in the front box, unhook everything, back on the door and add a couple more pallets, rebuild the set. Now go to the last shipper. They have a load and 2 skids. Break down, put the front box on a door, hand load the 2 skids, pull that off, unhook, grab the empty, put that on a door, grab the load, rebuild the set.

I do not have the skills to hook a dolly to the front box and back any distance to couple the back box, so there can be extra work positioning the dolly to build the set.

Getting that all done in the allotted time is physically and mentally demanding. I typically lose weight on feeder weeks.

Haha, allotted time; that's good stuff. What's my allotted time? Haha.

MaceFremonti

That's why I bid on a run that's 550 miles round trip. When I get back I only have about 90 minutes of driving available which is not enough to really do anything or go anywhere else. If I hit traffic or weather it's even less! And I'm off on Fridays!