Forced Saturday on topic

Ghost in the Darkness

I will work a few Saturdays here to see whats up. If Mondays turn out too light then I'm out. Any Saturday I have leading into vacation or other important events then I'm also out. I will call in more than I work a 6th punch. I'm not always against it but I'm not going to help it become the weekly trend. If you don't stand up to them they just assume you are the doormat they want you to be.
My guess is that ups is worried about businesses starting back up and work that comes along with it. I also think they may have accepted a deal for more money to bail out amazon. This happened last year before Christmas, we were in great shape close to the holiday and ups decided to pump in all this extra work to bail out our rival.

What'dyabringmetoday???

They have over 80 full time M-friend drivers scheduled to work tomorrow. They’ve been doing this for three months now. I haven’t showed up once for a six day punch and they haven’t said a word. Local said to call and tell them you’re not coming in hang up and that’s that. It’s a mess here, supervisors all out running routes, dozen or so rental vans, former drivers with full time inside positions have been running routes. Tell ya what I’d like to see from the Union is what their plan is to protect us from this excessive OT in this summer heat. 4 back to back 13-14 hour days in 85 degree 60% humidity weather. Gonna have a lot of hospital bills stacking up for heat exhaustion and it’s only going to get worse with all the summer vacations starting up.
Union? Lol!

ManInBrown

I keep saying this to all my fellow drivers. But they always allow management to make them come in on Saturday. I just don't understand why.
Because management threatens with the hopes that somebody shows up. If they scare ten drivers, and one shows up, that’s one more than they had to begin with. It’s the UPS way. Threaten the weak.