Forced Saturday on topic

Upsftd125

I have a question about this new forced Saturdays. To begin with, let me give some background info. We have like 7 or 8 22.4 and 4 RPCD who are Tue-Sat. They told us today that they will be forcing around 10 of us in on Saturday now starting next week. I know there is some question about whether they can force the 6th punch but I also.have another question based off what we were told today. They told us that the guys who are Tues-Sat would not be forced in on Monday. So guys with less seniority will be working 5 days while the 10 of us will be working 6. Would I have a case if I filed a grievance on this?

Indecisi0n

If you want a honest answer, read your supplement. Different locals have different rules. In my local you cannot be forced a 6th punch NO MATTER WHAT.

Upsftd125

I am looking more for the answer on whether the less seniority drivers not being forced for a 6th punch because they work Tues-Sat while we are since we work Mon-Fri. Would I have a case for this?

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
No we have some RPCD who are still working a Tues-Sat schedule who are not being forced in on Monday.

Again as was said before. Look at your local rider and find out if they can force a 6th day punch. In my local forced 6 day punches are a no go unless they activate 70 in 8 during peak only. What local are you?

Est.1998

they definitely trying that here.
could us being off for memorial day be a valid reason?
11A9CB18-71D6-4AED-B642-AA405C83353F.jpeg

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They have over 80 full time M-friend drivers scheduled to work tomorrow. They’ve been doing this for three months now. I haven’t showed up once for a six day punch and they haven’t said a word. Local said to call and tell them you’re not coming in hang up and that’s that. It’s a mess here, supervisors all out running routes, dozen or so rental vans, former drivers with full time inside positions have been running routes. Tell ya what I’d like to see from the Union is what their plan is to protect us from this excessive OT in this summer heat. 4 back to back 13-14 hour days in 85 degree 60% humidity weather. Gonna have a lot of hospital bills stacking up for heat exhaustion and it’s only going to get worse with all the summer vacations starting up.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They have over 80 full time M-friend drivers scheduled to work tomorrow. They’ve been doing this for three months now. I haven’t showed up once for a six day punch and they haven’t said a word. Local said to call and tell them you’re not coming in hang up and that’s that. It’s a mess here, supervisors all out running routes, dozen or so rental vans, former drivers with full time inside positions have been running routes. Tell ya what I’d like to see from the Union is what their plan is to protect us from this excessive OT in this summer heat. 4 back to back 13-14 hour days in 85 degree 60% humidity weather. Gonna have a lot of hospital bills stacking up for heat exhaustion and it’s only going to get worse with all the summer vacations starting up.