Forced Sixth Punch for Part Timers

wilberforce15

Central supplement.

It's a real shame that our new Sunday to Friday mandatory schedule, instead of Monday to Friday, is so incompatible with my immune system.

I've been sick every Sunday for years.

It's so weird.

It just might continue through peak.

Nah

Well that's not correct. File a grievance and get the money that you are owed + penalty pay if applicable.

Central Region Supplement Article 12

Section 9—Full-Time and Part-time Employees
All work performed on the employee’s sixth (6th) day shall be paid at time and one-half (1 1/2). All work performed on the employee’s seventh (7th) day worked shall be paid at double time.

National Master Agreement Article 17

Other shortages involving more than fifty ($50.00) dollars for fulltime employees, and twenty-five ($25.00) dollars for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until corrected.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Well that's not correct. File a grievance and get the money that you are owed + penalty pay if applicable.

Central Region Supplement Article 12

Section 9—Full-Time and Part-time Employees
All work performed on the employee’s sixth (6th) day shall be paid at time and one-half (1 1/2). All work performed on the employee’s seventh (7th) day worked shall be paid at double time.

National Master Agreement Article 17

Other shortages involving more than fifty ($50.00) dollars for fulltime employees, and twenty-five ($25.00) dollars for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee’s second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer’s error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one-half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until corrected.
SMH.

Does no one even bother to read their own contract anymore???

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I think it has more to do with being naive enough to believe what management tells them, or afraid of telling them they're wrong.
Management has been saying they aren't going to pay out on double time for 7th punches here during peak. Difference being, I can't wait for that fight.

I'll give UPS a loan. But the interest rate is half my daily guarantee every week.