Forced to work 63.5 hrs

twoweeled

WOW! You guys won't survive long working those kinds of hours. Your body will break. That may be part of their plan. Too much to write here about how to handle this. Keep this in mind. My center was always trying to get me off the clock. The longer I worked, the higher my over allowed was. No exaggeration. They had me work till 11:30 once. 4 hours over allowed. That never happened again. I settled back into my normal 1.5 hours over allowed. I rarely complained about too much work.
#1 rule. talk is cheap! The payroll in the morning did all my talking. All you guys; "I told them",,,,blah blah blah blahhh. Let the payroll speak for you. I doubt things have changed that much!!

twoweeled

I’ve only been with the company for 1year so no 9.5 protection
I had my own way of handling this. Being as you only have one year, you have to handle things different for awhile. Do as your told till you learn what's going on. Life in a center will turn into a chess match. Management will make their moves and you'll make yours. Your too green right now. They'll beat you. Could cost you your job. Learn the ropes before you start playing with the idiots. Don't listen to other drivers telling you to do stuff, they themselves wouldn't do.
#1 priority. Keep the job.
Just my opinion, but it's a good one. learn the ropes first. Slow down and work at a steady pace, no matter how long it takes. Keep moving,,,STEADY!! NOT FAST!!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Get on the 9.5 list. Having 1 year just makes you have to be a little smarter.

Do you have your own route? Cover a route for a week?

john chesney

I sat for 10, went back in the load and stood there doing nada until lunch. Want me to stay when I can hardly stand up? Okay.
I’d love to see them explain how they forced me to work and I ended up passing out and getting hurt. They wouldn’t be explaining it to me they’d be explaining it to Osha and my attorney in a lawsuit

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
follow the methods, work at a safe pace, take your full lunch every day, file grievances for harassing behavior

rinse and repeat until they stop or you're rich

over9five

Staff member
Lol, it's funny how the newbs can be coerced into working when theyre sick!
Going home sick is NOT job abandonement, how can someone fall for that? That steward must be a newb too, save some puke for his shoes...

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Didn’t you tell us recently IE was working on new SPC plans to get us back at a decent hour?
dude they put months of effort into that and then it died after 2 weeks

turns out nobody talked to Transportation to see if they could deliver on all those earlier pull times!

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
One year in welcome to the jungle. We all know the reality we make good money and have great benefits. If it’s too much to handle leave and find a better suited gig... you’re getting the hours, experience, pension/ retirement contributions......