Forcing Monday work

I'm a FT 22.4 driver that works Tuesday through Saturday. I used my first sick day of the calendar year today because I am feeling unwell, but planning on working tomorrow if I feel better. I recieved a text from a sup saying they need me to work Monday because of a vacation and they need knowledge on a route. Perhaps this is in retaliation for calling in sick, perhaps not. Can they force me in on Monday? How should I handle this situation? I want my two day weekend.

542thruNthru

I'm a FT 22.4 driver that works Tuesday through Saturday. I used my first sick day of the calendar year today because I am feeling unwell, but planning on working tomorrow if I feel better. I recieved a text from a sup saying they need me to work Monday because of a vacation and they need knowledge on a route. Perhaps this is in retaliation for calling in sick, perhaps not. Can they force me in on Monday? How should I handle this situation? I want my two day weekend.

Well for one you should never answer txt messages from your sup. Personally I would call out tomorrow and show up Tuesday.

But you probably already txt your sup back. SMH.

542thruNthru

Nope. Haven't texted back yet. I'm fine with working tomorrow if I feel better. I just want to be sure they can't force me to work.

It's different in every area. No one can give you the right answer.

Don't trust a stranger on the internet to tell you that you can't be forced. You could find yourself in the office.

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Why do people answer when they call out smfh. This is like another job I worked years ago dude called out saying he had to take his daughter to the hospital for an emergency. Someone showed up at his house an hour later because we needed keys to work vehicle from his wife. He answered the door.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Your sup said he needs area knowledge. Which tells me you’re not likely the low man to be forced and he’s forcing out of order because low man doesn’t know the route.

Tough :censored2:. That’s the sups problem not yours.

barnyard

KTM rider
Now, when I am asked to take on extra work, my reply is always, "Per the contract, extra work is offered from the top down and forced from the bottom up. If you are asking, the answer is no I would not like extra work. There are 30 people with less seniority than me. Force one of them."

Edited to add.... I am not in a large building and we always have people that want to work a 6th day. Ask your steward if you work on Monday, does that make Saturday, your 6th day, extra work. If it is, then they have to ask by seniority and force from the bottom to cover that 6th day.

edited again to add.... You can bet they would rather force a 22.4 to work 6 days than a RPCD, lower wage is way lower with OT.

Your sup said he needs area knowledge. Which tells me you’re not likely the low man to be forced and he’s forcing out of order because low man doesn’t know the route.
So I'm about #6 from the top of about 25-30 cover drivers, some of which are M-friend and some are 22.4 T-S

Tough :censored2:. That’s the sups problem not yours.