Forcing Thanksgiving Holiday Work Is The Beginning Of The End

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
company using the excuse that we must stay competitive ( forget creating new jobs ) will be the beginning of the end for us losing all of our "stay at home" holidays.

day after Thanksgiving lost will mean that Christmas is next , then all the rest.

glad I'm retiring next year.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
company using the excuse that we must stay competitive ( forget creating new jobs ) will be the beginning of the end for us losing all of our "stay at home" holidays. day after Thanksgiving lost will mean that Christmas is next , then all the rest. glad I'm retiring next year.

Overreact much?

upschuck

Not everyone is going to be working that Friday. Just the bottom drivers and preloaders.
Where'd you get that info? Last I heard they are running a full operation, which includes ground. A week beforehand, I'm sure a diad prompt for those businesses open and wanting their product or pu's. The resi's will be heavy.

PT Car Washer

I don't think the hubs will be working. Maybe a few Feeder drivers. Maybe one of the shop guys. Maybe a few Twilight guys. There is a lot more to UPS then just the delivery drivers and preloaders. Everyone else will be off as it is a UPS Holiday.

PT Car Washer

I said a few Twilight guys will be working. Maybe a few Feeder drivers. Really don't think there will be all that much pick up volume. Except for the UPS stores. Just have the drivers unload their own package cars.

upschuck

I don't think the hubs will be working. Maybe a few Feeder drivers. Maybe one of the shop guys. Maybe a few Twilight guys. There is a lot more to UPS then just the delivery drivers and preloaders. Everyone else will be off as it is a UPS Holiday.
If hubs aren't working, UPS would just being moving Monday's volume to Friday. That would make no sense at all, since Friday pays more than Monday.

PT Car Washer

The hub I work in doesn't work Friday except for the Twilight sort. Really don't see that changing for one day out of the year. I guess they could come in to advance the volume a day but have not heard that. Have you? Maybe some of the Feeder drivers have heard something.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
There was a grievance filed here around 2000 I think with the National Air Committee. It was about the Company scheduling too many drivers to work on the Friday after Thanksgiving and also because Ground and 3 Day Select was delivered in addition to air packages. We won a full 8 hour day for those drivers, and a committment to reduce the number of drivers forced to work in future years. If anyone is interested I'm sure I can dig up the actual grievance.

HBGPreloader

That's old news lol.
Yes, it is old news. However, this is the first time management actually announced this at our hub.
They also stated we would be receiving a paid holiday. However, we will not be paid extra for working the holiday - which I believe conflicts with our local supplement.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Yes, it is old news. However, this is the first time management actually announced this at our hub.
They also stated we would be receiving a paid holiday. However, we will not be paid extra for working the holiday - which I believe conflicts with our local supplement.
Ask your steward he would be able to tell ya fact or fiction.