ford motor company contract...what do you think

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Look like Ford motor company contract was passed by the members and it looks like there wasn't much of a raise but 10k in bonus and profit sharing and more jobs in the future. What do you all think about this...considering the position these companies were in 4 years ago.

Much better than it could have been. Money that is an incentive based on profit is beneficial to both parties as opposed to an annual bonus given regardless.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
It would seem that if they get profit sharing every year that could be = to any 50 cent raise we would get from ups...plus they are getting more jobs...it's interesting to insert ups into this equation vs. The car companies.

rod

Retired 22 years
That contract won't do the guys at the St. Paul, Mn. Ford Ranger plant any good. They are shutting down that plant just before Christmas this year. 800 more good paying/good benefits jobs out the door in Mn.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Ford should be taxed an equivelant of every dollar of those wages and benefits. Maybe, they would think twice about doing that, again.

Mike57

I'm sure you've all noticed that there will be a 2 tier pay package for new hired people that as it looks never catches up to the top prevailing scale. It's about a 8 or 9 dollar divide

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm sure you've all noticed that there will be a 2 tier pay package for new hired people that as it looks never catches up to the top prevailing scale. It's about a 8 or 9 dollar divide

Don't be too surprised to see this at least discussed during our contract negotiations with either a signing bonus or extension of free healthcare as the carrot to get it ratified.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
WE already have 3-4 tier pay packages in our contract.
Back in the last century UPS did do signing bonuses , a grand for ft & $500 for pt.