Former Employee trying to contact HR for Retirement Info with No Luck

Sev 8

I am a former non-union employee with 15+ years service -- I left 10 years ago. I've moved several times and wanted to update UPS with my contact info.

I am unable to locate anyone who can help me.

I recently heard that people were offered a buyout of their retirement package -- news to me.

I have a UPS Savings Advantage account and all that information is current. You would think that if I can log on and see my UPS stock and 401K, that I would be able to communicate with someone about my UPS retirement package.

The current administrator for UPS retirees (not a UPS company) told me on the phone that my employee ID was not on record. I told them it was from 10 years ago. They stated that they didn't have data from that long ago. I stated that isn't the point of retirement plans to service people that no longer work at UPS. He laughed, I didn't.

If anyone could help me with a number, email address, or psychic neural pathway to talk with someone about my UPS retirement benefits and updating of my address, I would appreciate the help.

Steph

trickpony1

Could you visit/contact the Securities and Exchange Commission in your state?

I don't know if your issue is within their scope but it can't hurt to ask.

Brisket

Is there anyone that you may know from when you worked there?

Edit: never mind probably not.

Maybe try the social media pages or even the ups jobs page and use the contact us link to send them a message. Just tossing ideas out there.

Maybe you may run across an old statement?

Just read it again, were you management? Or inside?

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
I am a former non-union employee with 15+ years service -- I left 10 years ago. I've moved several times and wanted to update UPS with my contact info.

I recently heard that people were offered a buyout of their retirement package -- news to me.

I have a UPS Savings Advantage account and all that information is current. You would think that if I can log on and see my UPS stock and 401K, that I would be able to communicate with someone about my UPS retirement package.

The current administrator for UPS retirees (not a UPS company) told me on the phone that my employee ID was not on record. I told them it was from 10 years ago. They stated that they didn't have data from that long ago. I stated that isn't the point of retirement plans to service people that no longer work at UPS. He laughed, I didn't.

If anyone could help me with a number, email address, or psychic neural pathway to talk with someone about my UPS retirement benefits and updating of my address, I would appreciate the help.

Steph

Your Psychic Neural Pathway is your best avenue. Trust me on this one (you are heading to never never land):wheelchai

Sev 8

I found the answer -- after calling number after number and being referred to more numbers.

After a day or so, they will respond.

I was sent a PDF form to fill out and return. The form allowed contact info updating and requesting of benefit estimates.

Steph

25TOLIFE

The UPS retirement department is nothing more than a fax machine in a broom closet somewhere in Atlanta. They only go in there to clean up all the papers off the floor right before OSHA comes for an inspection.

skyheli

It does work. It just takes a while(2 months). I worked back in the 90's. They were able to pull my information up and send me a letter that shows what the retirement benefits will be like when I get to retirement age.

skyheli

Not bad considering I worked as a part time few years then PT supervisor then FT in the IT dept. I think they only considered the 5yrs I worked as FT. Just under $500 a month. I was at UPS total just under 12yrs

Indecisi0n

Steph
This is a union forum, canceling your membership, sorry.