Former Package Driver 17 plus years.

Kingpawn

I would not get my senority back. I would be at the bottom. But my pension/benefits would pick up where I left off.. (If I hired back into package)

Kingpawn

All of your info is the same.

CDL will help.

If you left on a good rehire they may snatch you up quickly due to the less headache of paperwork.

Depending on position applied for of course.

Them dock boys are beasts.

Pullups are mandatory.

Good luck.
Thanks dude. Yes I have CDL with all endorsements.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I would not get my senority back. I would be at the bottom. But my pension/benefits would pick up where I left off.. (If I hired back into package)
That's how it works here. You don't even have to have worked at UPS, as long as you worked at another company in the same local your time counts for the pension.

542thruNthru

That's how it works here. You don't even have to have worked at UPS, as long as you worked at another company in the same local your time counts for the pension.
Benefits start up automatically even after quitting? Or is that because he'd be full-time?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Benefits start up automatically even after quitting? Or is that because he'd be full-time?
Not 100% on the health benefits, might have that 3 month waiting period for full coverage again or whatever it is now for us. But all his previous FT years would count for retirement. I knew a guy who worked like 10 years at a concrete company in our local before he drove a package car, he only had to work 15 years at UPS to get his 25 and out.

542thruNthru

Not 100% on the health benefits, might have that 3 month waiting period for full coverage again or whatever it is now for us. But all his previous FT years would count for retirement. I knew a guy who worked like 10 years at a concrete company in our local before he drove a package car, he only had to work 15 years at UPS to get his 25 and out.
I believe pension works the same way here.

oldngray

nowhere special
If he didn't get a withdrawal card he will probably have to pay initiation again if he wasn't working another Teamster job.

oldupsman

We had a driver quit a few years back and got hired again. He started at the bottom of the list. Starting pay and no seniority.
Same happened to 2 different drivers I worked with. The time counted towards their pension but they
had to start at the bottom again with pay and seniority. Of course in the old days it took a whole 90 days
to make top rate.

Shiftless

Lets say he gets to return, and yes he took a with drawl card?

If he did?
This is some info on that: " In accordance with Article CVIII, Section 6(i) of the IBT Constitution, “It shall be compulsory for any active member on Withdrawal Card to deposit his Withdrawal Card immediately upon return to employment at the craft.”

Once he broke service with UPS/Teamsters he stepped away from the PEER program if he was in one.

Does his PEER program adjust for his years of service based on monies allocated under contract during his employment period at ups from previous years and then is it adjusted if he gets hired for todays monies allocated under the contract language for todays retirement monies?

They do it for PT and FT accumulated hours/years towards the PEER program.

And those I have seen quit under the PEER program who didn't complete the required PEER years of service with UPS get a total different amount of monies when the become FRA (Full Retirement Age) per the contract.

watsayu

Shiftless

Yes ours the same way here. if you work in the same local and it contributes to a pension plan it counts towards your years of service for your 30 and out.
but I do not know if it qualifies you to get the healthcare benefits.
Where does your retirement Healthcare come from when you retire from your local or other?