Former Package Driver 17 plus years.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Lets say he gets to return, and yes he took a with drawl card?

If he did?
This is some info on that: " In accordance with Article CVIII, Section 6(i) of the IBT Constitution, “It shall be compulsory for any active member on Withdrawal Card to deposit his Withdrawal Card immediately upon return to employment at the craft.”

Once he broke service with UPS/Teamsters he stepped away from the PEER program if he was in one.

Does his PEER program adjust for his years of service based on monies allocated under contract during his employment period at ups from previous years and then is it adjusted if he gets hired for todays monies allocated under the contract language for todays retirement monies?

They do it for PT and FT accumulated hours/years towards the PEER program.

And those I have seen quit under the PEER program who didn't complete the required PEER years of service with UPS get a total different amount of monies when the become FRA (Full Retirement Age) per the contract.

watsayu
We're not in a PEER style pension so can't answer that. Our pension is based on a yearly accrual so here his pension would be calculated based on whatever his accrual was for the years that he worked.

Shiftless

It's from the company. We have to pay $200/$400 a month for retiree medical plan,which gets deducted from your pension check.
I'm the same.

Wonder how that works if he is was under healthcare retirement monies that went to his Teamster retirement health care and now he were to join a UPS Retirement healthcare program or vice versa?

so it depends on what part of the county you worked in and what part of the county you were rehired in. Also if in that part of the county, freight is in the same pension that your package years were in.

I'm the same.

Wonder how that works if he is was under healthcare retirement monies that went to his Teamster retirement health care and now he were to join a UPS Retirement healthcare program or vice versa?
You would be in the plan in which you qualified for retirement. If you qualify under 2 plans you can probably picks which is more beneficial.