Former UPS Employee trying to have expired checks reissued

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morska

Hello,

I'm a former seasonal UPS assistant (driver assistant during the christmas rush) who has, for personal reasons, not been able to cash the checks I received until recently. The issue that came up, was that for two out of the three checks, had expired as they were over their 180 day limit.

I understand that this was a mistake on my part and take full responsibility, but is it possible/where do I call at UPS to have the checks reissued? There arn't any employee hotlines listed, nor is there an obvious payroll number. I do have an employee ID/check numbers available to me (obviously) so that is not an issue.

Just have tried calling the normal 800 number and got nowhere.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Morska

tieguy

Banned
Sigh. you would have to go to your previous supervisor and have him put a stop payment and reissue on the checks that expired.

slantnosechevy

What kind of personal reasons could keep someone from cashing paychecks? Prison? House Arrest? Tree House ladder broken? You better have a damn good reason. Tell them you've been in a coma for a few months they might believe you and make an exception. Tell them you were a "runner", I know they'll understand then. They might hang up on you but keep trying.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
you will eventually get the money. I had one check from 2002 that was a "live checK and I lost it. 4 years later got a call from the state treasurers office to write a letter to claim the money.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello,

I'm a former seasonal UPS assistant (driver assistant during the christmas rush) who has, for personal reasons, not been able to cash the checks I received until recently. The issue that came up, was that for two out of the three checks, had expired as they were over their 180 day limit.

I understand that this was a mistake on my part and take full responsibility, but is it possible/where do I call at UPS to have the checks reissued? There arn't any employee hotlines listed, nor is there an obvious payroll number. I do have an employee ID/check numbers available to me (obviously) so that is not an issue.

Thank you in advance,

Morska

What kind of personal reason’s

You were locked up weren’t you

oldngray

nowhere special
Necroposter.gif

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a driver who always had 4 or 5 payroll checks he hadn't cashed . Needless to say he was single.

Ghost in the Darkness

We had an issue a couple years ago where ups didn't want to pay driver helpers. Didn't go over well when people think they worked for free. Needless to say it resulted in a lot of OT for me.

clean hairy

Hello,

Thank you in advance,

Morska
Just go in and tell them you were never "taught or shown how to cash the checks!"
Tell them it is unacceptable to not have proper training!
Oh! And be sure to tell them it is not your fault, and blame every one else!

Status
Not open for further replies.