Former worker sues UPS near New Stanton for termination

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Former worker sues UPS near New Stanton for termination - Pittsburgh Tribune Review

A former manager at a United Parcel Service distribution center near New Stanton has filed a lawsuit against the company, claiming it fired him for befriending a female co-worker.

According to the lawsuit, both ******* and the unnamed woman were questioned by company officials about their relationship. Millstein said the UPS fraternization policy requires that one of the people in a relationship must leave the company, but the couple can decide which person will resign.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwmaxxout

This wasn't the first time he was shopping for love under a UPS box. Managers have always shipped first class till they make someone mad, and then get outted. Good luck package handler!

dragracer66

67,920 is all he was receiving after a 30yr career?
I was thinking the same thing thats really not alot of money. Also if he had 30 years in just call it a career and friggin retire already. Funny if you think about it he was fired for screwing a fellow upser, but in the long run Ups gave him the biggest screwing of all!!!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I was thinking the same thing thats really not alot of money. Also if he had 30 years in just call it a career and friggin retire already. Funny if you think about it he was fired for screwing a fellow upser, but in the long run Ups gave him the biggest screwing of all!!!
Mgt can not retire until they are 55 years old. If you retire prior to 55, you lose 60% of your retirement pension and all medical benefits.

P

pickup

Mgt can not retire until they are 55 years old. If you retire prior to 55, you lose 60% of your retirement pension and all medical benefits.

Wasn't there a thread in which the original poster postulated that ups was actively pursuing a policy where ups would lean more heavily on ups managers getting close to 55, in an effort to get them to quit before they hit 55? (where presumably , it would cost ups more money in pension and medical benefits cost)