Found this Tier 3 on Reddit

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Whew...

I thought the super duty was going to be some cause here.

Glad it wasn't.

Hope the driver is ok.

Zowert

They will call it avoidable. They call all intersection accidents avoidable.
Which I think is BS. The driver couldn’t see that SUV coming when he entered the intersection. Maybe never even saw it at all. How are you going to avoid some idiot blowing thru an intersection while staring at their phone.

edit: after watching the video again maybe the SUV was visible to the driver. Even then if he slammed on his brakes looks like he would’ve t-boned the SUV.

I also notice the rear door partially open after impact. They’re going to give him grief for not chaining it.

Spanky250

https://www.reddit.com/r/Dashcam/comments/l1abf9
It’s scary how easily our package cars will tip over. I heard the driver was fine. The vehicle that hit him blew a red light. I wouldn’t be surprised if they called this an avoidable accident.

According to management ALL accidents are avoidable. If a meteor fell out of the sky and hit your truck they would say you should have expected the unexpected and parked somewhere else.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
According to management ALL accidents are avoidable. If a meteor fell out of the sky and hit your truck they would say you should have expected the unexpected and parked somewhere else.
was gonna say the same thing. all drivers are guilty until proven innocent.
this is where dash cams will help.

kxs783kms

kxs783
He didn’t...

There's not one driver in here that could've avoided that situation going at those speeds. Especially if you have the grern. Even if he would've saw him and tried to hit the brakes, it then probably would've been a front end collision, instead of the rear. Clearing the intersection only works for a car that is stopped but is about to pull out in traffic. It doesn't work for two vehicles going at those speeds these two appeared to be going.

Last edited:

Whither

Scofflaw
There's not one driver in here that could've avoided that situation going at those speeds. Especially if you have the grern. Even if he would've saw him and tried to hit the brakes, it then probably would've been a front end collision, instead of the rear. Clearing the intersection only works for a car that is stopped but is about to pull out in traffic. It doesn't work for two vehicles going at those speeds these two appeared to be going.
It's hard to say without seeing the layout of the intersection but I strongly sympathize with your point. High speed intersections are dangerous and some accidents are not avoidable. Glad to hear our brother is in one piece.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You must be new here

None of that matters to ups it’s still avoidable

JL 0513

This is why when I go through intersections, I assume someone is going to run a red. So I do a scan up each side of the intersecting road while approaching at a reduced speed.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
That’s a fine analysis and all but I was making a joke. Albeit a bad one.