Found this Tier 3 on Reddit

SandSpida

We had a driver that got backed into as he was driving through a parking lot. Some old lady that shouldn’t of even been behind the wheel. Supervisor actually had the ovaries to say, “if he was driving 5 mph slower through the parking lot, he probably would of never got hit“. I wonder if they come up with this or the higher ups tell them to say it.

DriverNerd

It’s scary how easily our package cars will tip over.
I don't think they tip over easily at all. I find them very stable (considering how narrow they are). He just got hit behind the rear tire, that's going to make anyone in that position (that doesn't have race car driver reflexes) get sideways.

DriverNerd

We had a driver that got backed into as he was driving through a parking lot. Some old lady that shouldn’t of even been behind the wheel. Supervisor actually had the ovaries to say, “if he was driving 5 mph slower through the parking lot, he probably would of never got hit“. I wonder if they come up with this or the higher ups tell them to say it.
I got rear ended one time and they said I should have seen the person behind me not slowing down and I should have honked my horn.

Integrity

Binge Poster
It wasn’t my fault........but what did you do to avoid it???
All accidents and injuries that have already happened by definition are unavoidable because they were not avoided.

There may be possible ways to possibly avoid a similar accident or injury in the future but that’s an entirely different discussion, nothing can be done to avoid something that has already taken place.

The Company has tried in the past to get me, in my early days , and some of my fellow workers more recently, to engage in, what IMO was supposed to be “good faith” discussions about an accident or an injury while making out an injury or accident investigation report.

I will not participate in an accident or injury investigation report without a Shop Steward.

When asked the question if there was anything I think I could have done to avoid the accident or injury I always say no because if there was something I could have done to avoid the accident or injury I would have done it.

They don’t like it but it has proven to work for me.

I firmly believe the Union should do a better job with representation during accident/injury investigation reports.

I am the only person I know of who insists on a Shop Steward to be present.

While Steward, not one of my guys ever had me represent them during the investigation report. They did want my representation after they were being disciplined for the accident or injury. I told them all it was their right to have representation during the report, for some reason they choose to go it alone.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
All accidents and injuries that have already happened by definition are unavoidable because they were not avoided.

There may be possible ways to possibly avoid a similar accident or injury in the future but that’s an entirely different discussion, nothing can be done to avoid something that has already taken place.

The Company has tried in the past to get me, in my early days , and some of my fellow workers more recently, to engage in, what IMO was supposed to be “good faith” discussions about an accident or an injury while making out an injury or accident investigation report.

I will not participate in an accident or injury investigation report without a Shop Steward.

When asked the question if there was anything I think I could have done to avoid the accident or injury I always say no because if there was something I could have done to avoid the accident or injury I would have done it.

I firmly believe the Union should do a better job with representation during accident/injury investigation reports.

While Steward, not one of my guys ever had me represent them during the investigation report. They did want my representation after they were being disciplined for the accident or injury. I told them all it was their right to have representation during the report, for some reason they choose to go it alone.
Just out of curiosity but what Article of the NMA would a steward use to combat the accident interview?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Which I think is BS. The driver couldn’t see that SUV coming when he entered the intersection. Maybe never even saw it at all. How are you going to avoid some idiot blowing thru an intersection while staring at their phone.

edit: after watching the video again maybe the SUV was visible to the driver. Even then if he slammed on his brakes looks like he would’ve t-boned the SUV.

I also notice the rear door partially open after impact. They’re going to give him grief for not chaining it.
We are to only chain going to and from the building.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
that's why they call safe driving awards safe lying...
I had 5-6 "accidents" in my career. all but one in the yard . all extremely minor which I self reported.

Most drivers said I was stupid for reporting them. that was an eye opener.

DriverNerd

that's why they call safe driving awards safe lying...
I had 5-6 "accidents" in my career. all but one in the yard . all extremely minor which I self reported.

Most drivers said I was stupid for reporting them. that was an eye opener.
It's not stupid when you get fired for not reporting a minor scrape and someone saw you and reported it.

And if you have a 20+ year driver, an accident that's even kind of their fault is magically unavoidable but for any new guy it would be no questions asked avoidable.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

I don’t think you understand what “unavoidable” means.