Found this Tier 3 on Reddit

Zowert

Why is every ups video “this is why your package is late”? It’s not late, you want it by 10:30AM next day? Pay the friend*ing premium! Ppl have this cartoonish image of what we do in their pea brains.
From time to time I get people that complain about how long it took to get their GROUND shipment. “This was supposed to be here two days ago!” Or they complain about the time I show up, “The app says you’d be here three hours ago!” Which I think is a lie, I never heard of the UPS app giving them a time estimate. It says “will arrive by 9pm” last time I saw it. Whatever, I always inform them of our air service if they want their stuff next day in the morning guaranteed. To which they always say, “That’s way too expensive!” You can’t win with entitled people.

AKCoverMan

Wonder if Liberty Mutual knows that UPS always claims fault on behalf of its drivers? They might be upset they've falsely paid out hundreds of millions of dollars for all of our accidents which were blamed on the driver back at the center. Even though on the street they said it was the other driver's fault.
With all due respect.. a couple of corrections.

Your mixing up “at fault/financial liability” with our internal definition of “avoidable/unavoidable”. In most crashes ruled avoidable the other driver is technically at fault under the rules of the road. Others have noted that they may rule this as “avoidable” claiming our driver didn’t clear intersection or something. But clearly the other driver ran a red light so liability wise the other driver is at fault and should be sited for blowing thru the red.

The ides is that we are such well trained world class safe drivers that we should be able to avoid most crashes that are someone else’s fault. I like the idea of trying to achieve that but I agree it’s taken way to far. Part of the culture here seems to be that in order to get a Teamster’s attention you have to terminate them at least once or twice. They routinely terminate people knowing full well they aren’t going anywhere just to try to intimidate them.

Also I don’t believe Liberty Mutusl pays anybody they just handle processing claims. UPS self insures so if the crash really is a UPS liability then UPS writes a check.

AKCoverMan

From time to time I get people that complain about how long it took to get their GROUND shipment. “This was supposed to be here two days ago!” Or they complain about the time I show up, “The app says you’d be here three hours ago!” Which I think is a lie, I never heard of the UPS app giving them a time estimate. It says “will arrive by 9pm” last time I saw it. Whatever, I always inform them of our air service if they want their stuff next day in the morning guaranteed. To which they always say, “That’s way too expensive!” You can’t win with entitled people.
I think on My Choice it gives a four hour window based on where package is in your trace but the fine print says basically that it’s only a wild ass guess. Of course the same people who leave an signed delivery notice for in person deliveries are the people who don’t read the fine print. 🤣

Just remember, those customers’ money is green too. I hope they keep ordering!

El Correcto

god is dead
Yeah you can’t have a Hollywood crash in a ups truck at a busy intersection. Pretty sure that’s gonna get you canned probably permanently.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I always find it interesting that all the package cars in the lineup have damage everywhere yet so few "accidents" are reported.

We have a few 30+ year safe drivers in my center. Anyone think they've never had a minor mishap? :lol:
The carwash guys suck, my truck has been ran into a pillar inside the building, scraped a pole leaving paint on the side, and the irreg trains regularly play bumper cars with the trucks as they try to squeeze by. But if I were to put a scratch on the truck, OMG!

Zowert

I think on My Choice it gives a four hour window based on where package is in your trace but the fine print says basically that it’s only a wild ass guess. Of course the same people who leave an signed delivery notice for in person deliveries are the people who don’t read the fine print. 🤣

Just remember, those customers’ money is green too. I hope they keep ordering!
Ahh okay, I stand corrected.

I never run my route in order, there are certain areas I have to get finished before rush hour traffic and narrow resi streets I have to block while most people are at work. I’m all over the place so that estimate is a shot in the dark.