Founders Day 2014

SignificantOwner

A Package Center Manager
I think it's time to just put Founders Day to rest. Just have someone send out a mass email with a quote from one of the founders about how important people are or something. Thanks for reading.

Z

ZQXC

My 25 is in the back of a closet somewhere, or it could be thrown away. Doesn't matter either way; completely worthless.

TxRoadDawg

I think Founders day lost all meaning when 'partner' became an acronym for spread sheet slave. dam shame the only number that matters in Atlanta is earnings per share now.

Z

ZQXC

Thursday, August 28 will mark the company's 107th year. I have a vacation week scheduled, darn it! I will miss my piece of sheet cake and bottle of water if we are going to party like in the past.

You could always go in for the PCM and make one of those brief cameo appearances like the hard-core lifers are prone to do.
Been retired for years, and every once in a while they appear out of nowhere. WTF

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
To you, perhaps, but I have my 20 year plaque displayed in my home office and plan to put the 25 year one right next to it.
My Long Service Milestone plaques are the only recognition I have received that are of any importance to me .My wife got mad when I decided to display mine in the China Cabinet

By The Book

My Long Service Milestone plaques are the only recognition I have received that are of any importance to me .My wife got mad when I decided to display mine in the China Cabinet
I think it's time to bring back the safety awards. I heard mention that ups was weighed down with its workers comp claims on the earnings call., but revenue was up year to year. Give us that carrot so we can chase it!

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I think it's time to bring back the safety awards. I heard mention that ups was weighed down with its workers comp claims on the earnings call., but revenue was up year to year. Give us that carrot so we can chase it!
Well that is certainly a change in tune ... drivers only complained about how chintzy the awards were and how they did not care. Be careful, they'll start calling you UpState Jr.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree but only for the milestone years (5, 10, 15, etc).

Resident know-it-all.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Normally I would agree but this Founder's Day will have special significance for me as I will be receiving my 25 years of service plaque.
Funny story; when I hit 25 years, my center manager had coffee and a cake brought to the PCM to celebrate the occasion which I thought was a pretty cool thing to do. I was also given the certificate to order a gift from the UPS years of service catalogue which I used to order an iPod/iPhone dock with wireless speakers.

Fast forward to 2 years later, which was about a month or so ago, and my center manager gets fired. Her replacement is rummaging around in her desk, and in the bottom of a drawer was a 25 year plaque for me that apparently got misplaced or overlooked. It is actually very attractive and well made, framed in dark wood and engraved in metal and it sits on side table in my home next to some pictures and other decorative items.