Founders Day 2020

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
We got cupcakes and a bottle of water. I was on vacation but I went in to get six over 9/5 grievance checks. Shop Steward wasn't there with them but my Center Manager did give me something a few weeks early.

View attachment 307740
I thought you would have been ridden with guilt and retired the last time Dave told you it was time to quit and move on.
:rofl:

45 years, the least UPS could do is make that pin out of 18k gold but no, they are no better than those soccer pins the kids get for participating in tournys.

Our center we got a little drawstring bag with some crappy granola bar, a water, and the crumbs of Chips ahoy. Oh yeah, there were remains of cupcakes and donuts that the preload left for us after digging their grubby little dickskinners through them before we got got there.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
Since Founders Day was yesterday, I figured I’d start a thread since nobody else has, nor did I even hear it mentioned at work. Was it recognized in any way at any of your buildings or centers?

I never figured Founders Day would ever become so irrelevant as it was this year. But at least I still took home a great paycheck and have another one coming next Friday. Still grateful to work for UPS.
We got bagels and 6 kinds of cream cheese. They really blew the bank for us but then again this is the same company that constantly steps over dimes to pick up pennies.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
CEO visited Roswell. Only a select bunch of drivers were allowed in the mechanics area where they had a podium and photo ops set up.

A bunch of drivers were asked to bring their years of service in so the CEO could hand them out again with pictures. Sad part is the drivers weren’t told to come in early so they were calling out names and drivers weren’t there to receive them.

Pretty embarrassing.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?
CEO visited Roswell. A bunch of drivers were asked to bring their years of service in so the CEO could hand them out again. Sad part is the drivers weren’t told to come in early so they were calling out names and drivers weren’t there to receive them. Pretty embarrassing.
I would hate to be that management team.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I would hate to be that management team.
Yep, last message everyone got was 9am start time, the ceremony started at 7:45. One steward was wearing his teamster polo since this wasn’t paid for time and had a years of service award to be given to him. He was denied entry into the area unless he wore a UPS uniform, he declined.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
lol did not even know it was yesterday.
Last year they had a rare PT pcm and even let a 30-year clerk talk on the mic.

This year they rationed exactly one cupcake to every driver. Didn't exactly think about it except the usual laughing-at drivers who stand too close to their bosses.

Box Handler of Dallas

Since Founders Day was yesterday, I figured I’d start a thread since nobody else has, nor did I even hear it mentioned at work. Was it recognized in any way at any of your buildings or centers?

I never figured Founders Day would ever become so irrelevant as it was this year. But at least I still took home a great paycheck and have another one coming next Friday. Still grateful to work for UPS.
Dallas night sort got the drawstring bags, a bottle of UPS branded hand sanitizer, and 2 pouches of instant Gatorade mix.

Supraloud84

I was off on Friday, but they were prepping stuff for some sort of presentation when I left on Thursday. Shuffling PC's around to different locations and such. We had corporate wandering around on Thursday as well

The Milkman

Back in the mid 80's they gave these out, on the reverse side were my initials. Anyone remember them?
20200831_120353.jpg
20200831_120353.jpg