Founders Day

jaker

trolling
we got a business card that said we need to serve the customer or something like that , mine was in the trash before the guy turned around

Packmule

We had doughnuts, fruit and a cooler full of Gatorades at start time. PCM talked about our company being 106 years old today. It was cool, without being overboard and stupid. I give local management an A+ for today.

BrownArmy

What did your work area do to recognize it? Did they even remember? ...

Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Last year someone or another mentioned it, and two years ago we had a slide show or something.

It's kind of like turning 37...you don't care and no one else does either.

If your company turns 100 years old, maybe some hoopla.

106, or 107, (I'm not sure what year we're at, it wasn't mentioned...), it's not exciting.

I didn't even know it was Founder's Day until I read this thread...

upsbadboy

In our center in se Wisconsin , we saw a video . Two people got service years plaques . No doughnuts , cake , juice , coffee , nothing . Our ctr mgr is a hater , pure and simple . Sends a message to our junior employees , 'Our history is trivial and you employees are the enemy ' . We used to have carnivals , brought the whole family for a fun day . I never thought a founders day would be so sad .

Buck Fifty

We had a cake, one half Circle of honor for a driver, and the other half for Founders day. All the other awards were announced, but very few received in front of everybody, because most of the drivers started earlier to salvage the preload. All pretty lack luster from what I recall, except the part were I was presented with my 20 years of service award. ( about 8 months after the fact ) Gotta love it.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
They had 3-day old bagels in our center. I was shocked they even acknowledged Founders Day. A little later at the PCM, the center business manager goes "who knows how many years?!" to which the reply "not very many if we continue with this business model!" came. Can't argue with that.

Zip. Zilch. Zero.

Last year someone or another mentioned it, and two years ago we had a slide show or something.

It's kind of like turning 37...you don't care and no one else does either.

If your company turns 100 years old, maybe some hoopla.

106, or 107, (I'm not sure what year we're at, it wasn't mentioned...), it's not exciting.

I didn't even know it was Founder's Day until I read this thread...

Patton Oswalt: You are only allowed 20 birthdays. - YouTube

newfups

Our pcm was basically the same drivel, followed by "oh, it's Founders' Day, I'll have to see "if they did anything" for you." Later, I was offered a soggy soft pretzel. Uh, no. Really, the ONLY thing I "wanted" for Founders' Day was simply ANY mention of Jim Casey. It was sad. I don't know why I expected anything different this year, but I did. I "participated" in my own Jim Casey Memorial Day instead.

Notretiredyet

Still celebrating at the pool today, trying to get a little sun on my feet. My beer is empty, guess its time to walk over to the Tiki Bar.
image.jpg