Founder's Day

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
And here we are again. Another founder's day celebration in a small southern center.

Had a tableful of biscuits available to choose from today in honor of the largest parcel delivery company of all time this morning. When is founder's day? No kidding. Nobody knows. No one knows the date, the founder, the company history, nothing. No mention here, not in the PARTNERS forum either. Seems that the pride has been whipped out of any old timers that remain and the new guys haven't been taught so they don't know shot.

Anyhow we got the biscuits. No announcement, no video, no pcm. Sort was running late again and the preload had to get the hell out of there.

It's ok with me. I've seen the video many times. I've received the key chains, the airplane, the t shirts, the pine tree, etc.

Just a small reminder to all the new guys that there is 112 years of success behind us now. And that has allowed us the near $40 hourly wage, the health insurance, the pension, vacations, holidays, and any other perks that we hourly slobs enjoy. If that bothers any of the partners, well that's ok with me too. Just a little nostalgia for all y'all out there. Happy founders day!!

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
And here we are again. Another founder's day celebration in a small southern center.

Had a tableful of biscuits available to choose from today in honor of the largest parcel delivery company of all time this morning. When is founder's day? No kidding. Nobody knows. No one knows the date, the founder, the company history, nothing. No mention here, not in the PARTNERS forum either. Seems that the pride has been whipped out of any old timers that remain and the new guys haven't been taught so they don't know shot.

Anyhow we got the biscuits. No announcement, no video, no pcm. Sort was running late again and the preload had to get the hell out of there.

It's ok with me. I've seen the video many times. I've received the key chains, the airplane, the t shirts, the pine tree, etc.

Just a small reminder to all the new guys that there is 112 years of success behind us now. And that has allowed us the near $40 hourly wage, the health insurance, the pension, vacations, holidays, and any other perks that we hourly slobs enjoy. If that bothers any of the partners, well that's ok with me too. Just a little nostalgia for all y'all out there. Happy founders day!!
Founders day used
to have family day at a park years ago, burgers and dogs, softball. All gone

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
When I first started they made a big deal out of Founder's Day, the last 10 years or so it really seemed to kinda fall by the wayside. My final 2 years with the company it didn't even get mentioned in my workgroup.

542thruNthru

Founders day is now a email to the center manager telling him how to give the PCM that the center manager just ignores.

Last few years most I've seen is a ORS saying "oh hey did you know it's founders day? Have a good day out there."

UnionStrong

Founders day is now a email to the center manager telling him how to give the PCM that the center manager just ignores.

Last few years most I've seen is a ORS saying "oh hey did you know it's founders day? Have a good day out there."
Pathetic really

UnionStrong

When I first started they made a big deal out of Founder's Day, the last 10 years or so it really seemed to kinda fall by the wayside. My final 2 years with the company it didn't even get mentioned in my workgroup.
They don’t do a GDamn thing at my barn anymore.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

Didn’t even know it was today. Nothing mentioned. I’m so bitter with this place I’m insulted they think they can buy affection with crappy cold food, I refuse to touch it. Got some toy package car a few months back for a good observation. What the hell is a grown man going to do with a toy car? Gave it to some kid a few stops later. Can’t wait to get my next Microsoft paint created safe driving award from a printer that needs ink, with my name spelled wrong so i can toss it in the trash after they hand it to me.

allahuakbar

She/Her
Didn’t even know it was today. Nothing mentioned. I’m so bitter with this place I’m insulted they think they can buy affection with crappy cold food, I refuse to touch it. Got some toy package car a few months back for a good observation. What the hell is a grown man going to do with a toy car? Gave it to some kid a few stops later. Can’t wait to get my next Microsoft paint created safe driving award from a printer that needs ink, with my name spelled wrong so i can toss it in the trash after they hand it to me.
I’m just happy the checks cash.

thecamel

Waiting to put the re in front of tired
Honestly I'm just lamenting the fact that nobody, no one, not a soul gives two craps anymore. But I feel that a larger majority honestly has no clue.

pkgdriver

Had forgotten about the Pine Tree.

hexmurph

This year we had cookies from Walmart, 2 per employee. They ran out way before everyone got some.

Until very recently, they put up balloons and had a couple large sheet cakes and cookies and drinks.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Had a tableful of biscuits available to choose from today in honor of the largest parcel delivery company of all time this morning.
Biscuits? WTH? Not everyone has a dog?

dog-biscuits-11a.jpg

KOG72

I’m full of it

Atleast you got biscuits,nothing here

Integrity

Binge Poster
Yes Founder’s Day was once a yearly tribute to those whose core values started and grew this organization from the beginning.

I try to honor, not so much the people, but the core values that they held and the corporation still claims to still hold. (Although the claims are not well supported by the conduct of many management personnel.)

I try to do this each day, one day at a time.