Fred Called To The White House

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It seems that our benevolent and sacred Fearless Leader was called-upon by Obama for ideas on how to jump-start the job market. Self-serving cretin that he is, one would assume Fred suggested that if the RLA and EFCA went his way that FedEx would hire more people. That, and reducing the corporate tax rate...of course.

FedExer267

Maybe they should discuss Fed Ex Ground system and how the employees of contractors cannot help this economy by spending cash. You figure the average ground driver dosent make enough to pay his own bills and drains the economy for having to be given food stamps just to feed his family, Which comes from all the Taxes Express and Upsers pay. Take into consideration that almost every ground driver is on medi cal insurance because they are not offered any health insurance. The men and women of ground are basically those who want to contribute to the economy but cannot even to afford to buy their lunch. Most contractors offer you a salary dosent matter how many how hours you work. Take for example ground drivers are getting a overflow from Home Delivery ( which is upset) because they are apparently at there maxium so add another 30 to 40 stops to the ground drivers. You think for a minute we will get compensated for it yeah fat chance. Contractors just makes more money. We already work 10 to 12 hours straight with no lunch break which is ilegal but hey give them some more to do. So maybe in all their wisdom Fred and Obama can come up with away to help make ground drivers more productive members of society. Highly doubtful ofcourse because if Obama is asking Fred for help we are all screwed!!! Just a thought but maybe this is why the average ground driver looks like a bum he cant afford laundry detergent, shaving cream, a bar of soap, toothpaste and a haircut.. But that new Chevy SS Camaro sure will look nice in Bbsams driveway...

Broke

It seems that our benevolent and sacred Fearless Leader was called-upon by Obama for ideas on how to jump-start the job market. Self-serving cretin that he is, one would assume Fred suggested that if the RLA and EFCA went his way that FedEx would hire more people. That, and reducing the corporate tax rate...of course.
I guess Obama isn't really on our side after all. The faa bill could have passed months ago if he would have pushed hard enough. Maybe he's waiting on the Democrats to loose control of congress before he pushes the senate to vote on it so he won't piss Fred off. I wish organized labor wouldn't give another dime to the Democrats until they stood up and did what they promised they would do.

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe they should discuss Fed Ex Ground system and how the employees of contractors cannot help this economy by spending cash. You figure the average ground driver dosent make enough to pay his own bills and drains the economy for having to be given food stamps just to feed his family, Which comes from all the Taxes Express and Upsers pay. Take into consideration that almost every ground driver is on medi cal insurance because they are not offered any health insurance. The men and women of ground are basically those who want to contribute to the economy but cannot even to afford to buy their lunch. Most contractors offer you a salary dosent matter how many how hours you work. Take for example ground drivers are getting a overflow from Home Delivery ( which is upset) because they are apparently at there maxium so add another 30 to 40 stops to the ground drivers. You think for a minute we will get compensated for it yeah fat chance. Contractors just makes more money. We already work 10 to 12 hours straight with no lunch break which is ilegal but hey give them some more to do. So maybe in all their wisdom Fred and Obama can come up with away to help make ground drivers more productive members of society. Highly doubtful ofcourse because if Obama is asking Fred for help we are all screwed!!! Just a thought but maybe this is why the average ground driver looks like a bum he cant afford laundry detergent, shaving cream, a bar of soap, toothpaste and a haircut.. But that new Chevy SS Camaro sure will look nice in Bbsams driveway...
This may be a little before your time, but 10 years ago everyone felt sorry for the Ground contractors. Now, the contractors have a pretty good deal going on but everyone wants to feel sorry for the drivers. OK. I'm willing to see what direction things head in. If I were you though, I'd buy a route and become a contractor. Much better deal and you will never have to hire drivers if you don't want to. And if you do want to, you can compensate them any way you choose. You might even take it upon yourself to buy them their toiletries. One thing is a fact. Should you ever be in that position, you will see things in a whole different light.

As for the Camaro (to show that I value your opinion): Charcoal, Black, or Yellow?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I guess Obama isn't really on our side after all. The faa bill could have passed months ago if he would have pushed hard enough. Maybe he's waiting on the Democrats to loose control of congress before he pushes the senate to vote on it so he won't piss Fred off. I wish organized labor wouldn't give another dime to the Democrats until they stood up and did what they promised they would do.

Health care has been a godsend for Smith because it put everything else on the back burner. I would really like to see Obama live-up to some of his pro-labor campaign rhetoric and push the Democratic pansies to actually pass some meaningful legislation.

FedExer267

This may be a little before your time, but 10 years ago everyone felt sorry for the Ground contractors. Now, the contractors have a pretty good deal going on but everyone wants to feel sorry for the drivers. OK. I'm willing to see what direction things head in. If I were you though, I'd buy a route and become a contractor. Much better deal and you will never have to hire drivers if you don't want to. And if you do want to, you can compensate them any way you choose. You might even take it upon yourself to buy them their toiletries. One thing is a fact. Should you ever be in that position, you will see things in a whole different light.

As for the Camaro (to show that I value your opinion): Charcoal, Black, or Yellow?
I thought you might be intrested in this Bbsam straight from the home page of The United States Deparment of Labor.
An employer who requires or permits an employee to work overtime is generally required to pay the employee premium pay for such overtime work. Employees covered by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) must receive overtime pay for hours worked in excess of 40 in a workweek of at least one and one-half times their regular rates of pay. The FLSA does not require overtime pay for work on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, or regular days of rest, unless overtime hours are worked on such days.
The FLSA, with some exceptions, requires bonus payments to be included as part of an employee's regular rate of pay in computing overtime.
Extra pay for working weekends or nights is a matter of agreement between the employer and the employee (or the employee's representative). The FLSA does not require extra pay for weekend or night work or double time pay. Oh and I would go with Charcoal Black after all its a sports car not a fruit.:wink2:

FedEx courier

You apparently have amazing powers of observation to see things that no one else can.

Thanks for the compliment. Just trying to make this person realize how sinister and silly they sound for continuing to spout about how they enjoy abusing others. bbsam was probably picked on a lot growing up. It must make he/or she feel like a bigger person coming to this blog and showing everyone that he or she has the power to abuse and laugh at the plight and hardships of others. Yellow would probably be a fitting color for bbsam's car. Maybe bbsam should calculate all the time that he/or she spends advertising the greatness of the Ground contractor model and try to write it off as a business expense.

bbsam

Staff member
I certainly am not above mocking others on this site when it is obvious that they are spouting off about things that they know nothing about or are using 10 yr. old evidence with things that have since changed. There is substantial myth floating around about the contractor model and the contract that bears little resemblance to the actual business practices. This is not one of those times.

Then again, I have been known to act in poor taste on occasion. Usually unapologetically. Just so that you and my parents can sleep soundy; my poor taste is derived from a wickedly joyous sense of humor a la George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Garrison Keillor et. al. not some childhood trauma. Thank you for your concern.:happy2:

FedEx courier

I certainly am not above mocking others on this site when it is obvious that they are spouting off about things that they know nothing about or are using 10 yr. old evidence with things that have since changed. There is substantial myth floating around about the contractor model and the contract that bears little resemblance to the actual business practices. This is not one of those times.

Then again, I have been known to act in poor taste on occasion. Usually unapologetically. Just so that you and my parents can sleep soundy; my poor taste is derived from a wickedly joyous sense of humor a la George Carlin, Eddie Murphy, Garrison Keillor et. al. not some childhood trauma. Thank you for your concern.:happy2:
You obviously feel that some aspects of the Ground contractor model are not legitimate or you wouldn't spend so much time antagonizing people about it. Insulting people is a typically reaction when your arguments hold very little logical weight. Many times you get involved in discussions about the other divisions of FedEx that you obviously know very little about. Does it remain a "myth" when states are continually questioning and taking legal action against the Ground model? I'm not concerned about you at all, you seems to represent the deviant nature of the contractors who show little respect for their employees which continually brings the Ground contractor model into question. My advice is to continue to show the destructive nature of the contractor model so it eventually ends in ruins. Keep up the good work!:happy-very:

FedExer267

I can respect your opinion afterall you are entitled to it. What floors me about this whole contrator model however is how much it changes from contractor to contractor. You would think there would be some guidelines. Some will pay you by the piece give you 2 weeks paid vacation paid holidays and give you the option for benefits. I would personally work alot harder for that contractor than one who gives you a salary and nothing else.
If a salary is based on a 8 hour work day then we should give them a 8 hour work day come in and go home if it gets delivered great if not oh well. You cant expect someone to work 14 hour days for 70 hours a week when your only willing to pay for 8 hours a day 40 a week.
Maybe thats up to the actual ground drivers if we went out and worked 8 hours then went home and all of us did it sure we might get fired but the contractors would definately take it in the shorts this peak and Ups would get even more volume back.
You see Bbsam human nature is to be greedy sure, but when you run a business you need to take care of those who take care of you otherwise your ship will sink soon enough its called Karma.
I have driven a bonus route for the last year and a half and was promised all kinds of kick downs haven't seen a penny yet so why should I work harder, its not going to happen show some appreciation and your employees will take care of you, if not we won't its that simple a 2 way street.