Fred S not named Secretary of Transportation

dezguy

My apologies on my ignorance but what effect could this have on FedEx, specifically Express, if true? Would it be just one more roadblock, preventing you guys from organizing or would it have further reaching consequences?

bbsam

Staff member
Could UPS find an ally in getting moved to NLRA and thus "levelling the playing field" and breaking the union or at least causing an all out war between the Teamsters and UPS?

bacha29

Trump picks Elaine Chao for transportation secretary
That's been confirmed by several news outlets. She's a former labor secretary and Mitch McConnell's old lady. At the same time God help us all if Smith is named labor secretary. If he is then rest assured he' ll do everything in his power to bust the unions at UPS and USPS.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
and what was the point if this thread again? Fred S has been named SecTran, but he'll be going by the alias Elaine Chao?.....I'm TTKU, I really am. :crying:

vantexan

That's been confirmed by several news outlets. She's a former labor secretary and Mitch McConnell's old lady. At the same time God help us all if Smith is named labor secretary. If he is then rest assured he' ll do everything in his power to bust the unions at UPS and USPS.
Why would he? The unions give FedEx a competitive advantage.

Oldfart

Paranoia will destroy ya. Great post from the resident business genius.

bacha29

Why would he? The unions give FedEx a competitive advantage.
Smith is a member and large contributor to the CATO Institute. Right along with the Koch's and other children born to wealth. A so called 'libertarian" but in reality conservative think tank that opposes unions, minimum wage laws supports right to work laws. Anything that will erode the wages of the nation's working class.