Fred S to step down from president role at FedEx

bacha29

Joe Nuno

Thank you for the heads up. Smith will still be in charge and will control enough seats on the board to make certain that any proposed changes will have to go through him and his board majority . Therefore change if any in the structure of the company and it's operations are decades away.
Your welcome

Oldfart

With 10 kids to 2 different women, it will be interesting to see how matters pertaining to Fred S's estate unfold and what if any impact it has on the company going forward.
Wasnt it 9 kids before 1 passed away? Either way the future of the company and his estate should not be related. Unless Richard is being groomed, it would seem a person not named Smith will be in charge in the future. The Walton family has a very strong hold on Walmart but it has been years since a Walton has been at the helm. I am sure it will be the same at FDX.

bacha29

Wasnt it 9 kids before 1 passed away? Either way the future of the company and his estate should not be related. Unless Richard is being groomed, it would seem a person not named Smith will be in charge in the future. The Walton family has a very strong hold on Walmart but it has been years since a Walton has been at the helm. I am sure it will be the same at FDX.
In the end it will still come down to voting stock and who has a board majority.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I'm not one to question a whole lot.
But do any of you think Fred actually shows up at HQ?
I wish I lived in Memphis, I'd document it.
Oh, and Fred... feel free to reply.
Buy my domain while you are at it.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Bring back Ken May

I actually agree with you!! Ken May was excellent and was the type of progressive, forward thinking individual that FedEx needed. Unfortunately, he wasn't a good fit in the FedEx culture and the Kinko's deal sealed his fate. Nobody could have made that abortion work, and May got the blame.

Truly a nice man, one I actually got to know personally. He is the real deal.

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Thank you for the heads up. Smith will still be in charge and will control enough seats on the board to make certain that any proposed changes will have to go through him and his board majority . Therefore change if any in the structure of the company and it's operations are decades away.

I don't see any significant changes until Fred goes to Station HEL. Dave wouldn't have made it this far if he wasn't aboard the Smith train, and I still see Fred pulling his strings.

I actually worked for Dave back in the 80s' and found him to be a very good manager and a nice guy. Once, at a Memphis restaurant in the 90s', he recognized me and took the trouble to come over, say hello, and have a drink. By this time, he was already way up the ladder.

Once the leash is loosened, we'll see if Dave is any more progressive than Smith.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I actually agree with you!! Ken May was excellent and was the type of progressive, forward thinking individual that FedEx needed. Unfortunately, he wasn't a good fit in the FedEx culture and the Kinko's deal sealed his fate. Nobody could have made that abortion work, and May got the blame.

Truly a nice man, one I actually got to know personally. He is the real deal.
If only Smith would have just let him do his job and didn't make the stupid mistake of buying Kinko's things could have better.

bacha29

If only Smith would have just let him do his job and didn't make the stupid mistake of buying Kinko's things could have better.
After having bought RPS from Roadway and American Freightways they were on a bit of a roll and wrongly believed that nothing was going to get in their way.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I thought the Kinko's purchase was a good deal? Why wasn't it?

Their biggest mistake was renaming it FedEx Office. Everyone knew what Kinko's was, and nobody had ever heard of FedEx Office. As usual in a takeover/purchase, FedEx cleans house and institutes the highly dysfunctional Express culture with all of it's threats and anti-worker rules and systems.