"Fred Shrugged"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The more I listen to Fred's ideology, the more I'm convinced he is a devotee to the Ayn Rand philosophy of "enlightened" selfishness. If you've never read "Atlas Shrugged", it nicely encapsulates Smith's apparent philosophy that there should be a small ruling class of wealthy elites. The rest of us are "parasites", that feed off of the wealthy "host".

Judging from the way he regards his hourly workforce, and where he invests his money (in governmental influence), Fred might just be a true believer in the sociopathic Rand's ideals.

Fred gets richer, and we get poorer, which is the way it's "supposed" to be if you think like Rand did.

Thanks, Fred!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred, of course, He treats his people like ****. AND THAT'S NOT RIGHT. I feel sorry for you guys at fdx

Thanks. Fred is truly a piece of crap, but we're not in much of a position to do much about it right now. Other than sickouts, or slowdowns, he has us over a barrel.

vantexan

As I recall there was a Democrat Congressman from Memphis who was fervently defending FedEx against unionizing. As I see it greedy Wall Street bastards on the right and idiot Congressmen on the left were primarily to blame for the debacle we're all now paying for. With plenty of help from greedy bastards on the left and idiot Congressmen on the right. But make no mistake, the party's over. And we need to stop screaming about you can't take this away or that away because there's very little left to be taken. We may be on the verge of a serious collapse and if people need to wake up to that fact. Right now I want a son of a beach running this company and running this country or we won't have jobs to beach about. Sorry, man, but I see people screaming about gov't taking away their this and that and I'm reminded of the rabble in Rome that helped bring it down. I'm all for fair pay which we are obviously not getting. But I'm sick of the cradle-to-grave mentality that says we're owed a nice living. I see people with nothing crossing the border to break their backs, doing whatever it takes to send money home. And we beach and beach and beach. Pathetic. God Bless America, God Bless Those Who Work Hard, and may God grant peace to those who don't.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Fred has gone from hero in the 1970's in the 1980's to the hated villian of today and he's brought it on all himself. I think he is one really disturbed man. His behavior is paranoid and childish.

I'm sure he thinks couriers, handlers and service agents had little to with making FedEx as big as it is. See who's getting all the real rewards, not us that's for certain.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Fred has gone from hero in the 1970's in the 1980's to the hated villian of today and he's brought it on all himself. I think he is one really disturbed man. His behavior is paranoid and childish.

I'm sure he thinks couriers, handlers and service agents had little to with making FedEx as big as it is. See who's getting all the real rewards, not us that's for certain.

So true. In the early days of Federal Express, Fred was an icon. It was truly a big deal when he showed-up at an event or made a statement. People listened, because they were an essential part of the process. Somewhere along the line, we became secondary, and even though FedEx has been a successful company, it would have been far more successful if Fred had stuck to his original philosophy.

Cactus

A lot more successful it could have been.

Also pumping out $+30 million dollars to lobbyists in DC to fight off unions probably would not even be necessary.

ex fed exer

I wrote fred a letter a number of years ago. basically told him he was not god and should shove fed ex and kiss my ass.

I got a reply from some two bit shyster who thought my words were disrespectful to the great and powerful fred.

fred can shove it and so can all who follow him blindly!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I wrote fred a letter a number of years ago. basically told him he was not god and should shove fed ex and kiss my ass.

I got a reply from some two bit shyster who thought my words were disrespectful to the great and powerful fred.

fred can shove it and so can all who follow him blindly!

Amen!!

quadro

I'm just curious but what makes you guys think that Fred actually has anything to do with the day to day operations and the way you are or are not treated? I'm not saying you do or do not have legitimate gripes but surely you have to realize that the people creating your concerns are a few steps below Fred on the ladder?

whenIgetthere

I'm just curious but what makes you guys think that Fred actually has anything to do with the day to day operations and the way you are or are not treated? I'm not saying you do or do not have legitimate gripes but surely you have to realize that the people creating your concerns are a few steps below Fred on the ladder?

And to whom do these people "a few steps below Fred on the ladder" answer too? My guess is a couple of steps up, and volia there's Fred!!!

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

Fred still runs the show, at least from what I have seen. He's the power broker in Washington D.C. and his anti-union philosophy permeates FedEx from the top down. So, our gripes originate at the top and filter through the organization.

Cactus

Who do you think was the mastermind to get us unfairly classified as airline employees and paid off politicians in DC to do so?

He still is very active in this cause to this day.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
But that's not really what I asked, is it?

It is, because everyone beneath Fred works according to his directives. The FedEx anti-union/anti-employee philosophy comes straight from the top. As Cactus pointed out, the root of it all is the RLA, which allows Fred to do as he pleases with us. His minions are just doing his bidding.

quadro

It is, because everyone beneath Fred works according to his directives. The FedEx anti-union/anti-employee philosophy comes straight from the top. As Cactus pointed out, the root of it all is the RLA, which allows Fred to do as he pleases with us. His minions are just doing his bidding.
Thank you for proving my point.