Fred S to step down from president role at FedEx

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Their biggest mistake was renaming it FedEx Office. Everyone knew what Kinko's was, and nobody had ever heard of FedEx Office. As usual in a takeover/purchase, FedEx cleans house and institutes the highly dysfunctional Express culture with all of it's threats and anti-worker rules and systems.

The rebranding of RPS seems to have paid off in spades.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
The rebranding of RPS seems to have paid off in spades.
If you say so......

WABC_fedex_kab_141215_16x9_992.jpg

It will be fine

Their biggest mistake was renaming it FedEx Office. Everyone knew what Kinko's was, and nobody had ever heard of FedEx Office. As usual in a takeover/purchase, FedEx cleans house and institutes the highly dysfunctional Express culture with all of it's threats and anti-worker rules and systems.
At the time they bought it I remember them saying how much value they had in the brand Kinkos. They changed their mind on that pretty quickly.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I could swear when I took that SSS package to the hold center last week, it was a BSC. I needed to get some Hotel Pak supplies while I was there.
Are you in the US? What is a SSS package and what are Hotel Pak supplies? Maybe I'm out of touch, not having done a pup route in awhile, but I've never heard of either of those.

Oldfart

Are you in the US? What is a SSS package and what are Hotel Pak supplies? Maybe I'm out of touch, not having done a pup route in awhile, but I've never heard of either of those.
Making fun of the maroon that had to correct my Kinkos and BSC references. BSC's went away years ago. SSS was a serviced offered that required each person that handled the package to sign a "chain of possession form" Hotel Pak was a service that was to cater to guest at hotels. These all went away beginning in the early 80's if my memory hasn't failed me. Kind of like driving a Z Van and using the SST scanner to scan the belt, having to POD the airbill, NOON commitment for P1 and delivering the P3 service we offered way back when.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Making fun of the maroon that had to correct my Kinkos and BSC references. BSC's went away years ago. SSS was a serviced offered that required each person that handled the package to sign a "chain of possession form" Hotel Pak was a service that was to cater to guest at hotels. These all went away beginning in the early 80's if my memory hasn't failed me. Kind of like driving a Z Van and using the SST scanner to scan the belt, having to POD the airbill, NOON commitment for P1 and delivering the P3 service we offered way back when.
image.gif

vantexan

SSS went away in about '89-'90 after a report on 20/20 showed it to be a scam.

Oldfart

SSS went away in about '89-'90 after a report on 20/20 showed it to be a scam.
Seems about the right year. The same 20/20 report that went to a station for an interview and reported that we had locked the doors to prevent them from getting in to ask questions. Trouble is, that building USED to house a station and had moved out months ago. They went to a closed station. Think they reported about the Atlanta couriers who were meeting and having sex in the vans. Believe they were meeting at Fulton County Stadium and doing the wild thing in the vans on their lunch break. Guess that was wrong. Nobody ever told me that was against the rules.