Free Books

P

pickup

Just discovered a new app. The app was mentioned in some phamphlet(hidden and probably purposely so) , found at my local library.

It is called Hoopla and I downloaded it from the Mac App Store( free) for my iPhone. I allow the app to access my location for close libraries and I picked the one that I had a library card, the number for which I entered.

I am allowed to download up to 20 items a month which can consist of e books, audiobooks and comics(graphic novels and pretty current.

The selection isn't as vast as an Amazon store but it is pretty good and I imagine what you can access depends on the library for which you have a card although my selection is not limited to the physical stock of my local library.

I can download and read off line but I can't hold on to them forever. After a month or so, bye bye but hey that's a library.

Now the cool thing about it is that I don't have to be in or even near the library to download and there will never be a late fee or lost book.

I suspect the phamphlet was hidden because the app really reduces the need for a human librarian.