Free Food

texan

Technically nothing at Arby's counts as food.

Man.... took the wind out of my sails.

tumblr_l5bl4ezrzj1qax3ge.gif

texan

I went to Wendy's for a baked potato. ;)

OK a US Army story.

When I was at Aberdeen / Edgewood Maryland in Senior NCO (Non-Commissioned Officer School)
I lived off Wendy's.

They had Salad bars back then. Great selection of all you can eat salad bars, with meats and other items in 1986.

When in NCO school, you came up on a roster to be the NCOIC (Non Commissioned Officer in Charge)
for retreat flag detail. You would supervise young soldiers to take down the post flag at 17:00 or 5:00 PM.

My peers, which never did this, were petrified to do it or supervise it. I would offer, I would do it for
5 dollars. They would be like heck yeah!!!

I was a Drill Sergeant and performed this many many times and it was second nature for me.

After we folded the colors or flag at 05:00 PM into the 13 fold triangle, and turned it over to the
Post Headquarter's Staff Duty Officer, off I would go to Wendys for the salad bar.

With my wife and children left 1,000 miles away, I did not have the money to eat.

They would give us so much to eat and charge us a ridiculous amount to eat in the messhall.
It was about 7.00 back then. It was called per diem.

So I ate breakfast in the messhall at $4.25, then I would skip lunch or eat a can of tuna
with water, and then FEAST at Wendy's salad bar in Maryland each night with my Flag detail
money.

Shame Wendy's stopped the salad bar later in the 90's.

Retreat Ceremony

menotyou

bella amicizia
I loved the Wendy's salad bar. They had pasta(ok they called it that and the sauce, too), taco's, all sorts of stuff. When I was 20, that was good stuff!!!

The baked potatoes are still yummy, as are the frosty's and fries.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I delivered Arby's paychecks this morning. They must not have had free food later because I didn't notice cars lined up for 3 blocks.

menotyou

bella amicizia
I delivered Arby's paychecks this morning. They must not have had free food later because I didn't notice cars lined up for 3 blocks.
:rofl: I went after therapy. I got the turkey deluxe(the one with bacon). It was very good. Not $6 good, but good. I'd just as soon have the 5 for $5.95.

moreluck

golden ticket member
:rofl: I went after therapy. I got the turkey deluxe(the one with bacon). It was very good. Not $6 good, but good. I'd just as soon have the 5 for $5.95.

Arby's was always a stop on our trip to Vegas......they used to have the regular roast beef....4 for $5.00. We'd grab it and run. It's easy to eat those and drive too.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Arby's was always a stop on our trip to Vegas......they used to have the regular roast beef....4 for $5.00. We'd grab it and run. It's easy to eat those and drive too.
I love the regulars. They are great for eating in the car. The Arby's on Rt. 11 in N. Syracuse has 5 for $6.95 on Thursday's. I have requested some of my dr visits on Thursday's just so I could stop. I love the red ranch and the BBQ(not Arby's sauce). YUMMM!!!!!!