Free-for-all on warning ltrs and suspension

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
In my center there is a all out blitz on warning ltrs and suspension for minor infractions, such as walking through pkg car to open the back door, not placing a orange cone out when parking downtown, forgetting to use the hand rail and many more. Everyone has been put on progressive displine, first Offence warning ltr, second 1 day suspension, third 2 day suspension, forth 3 day suspension and so on so on. I'm wondering if this is going on in other centers, this new approach to lowering payroll.

We get taken in and harassed about numbers and why we can not meet them. We have found out it does not matter if you have 8 inches of snow and 40 mph winds,and blizzard conditions we should still scratch on routes there have never been time studies or 3 day ride along. Then they come out in their personal vehicles and follow you around trying to catch you doing something wrong. They have to catch you doing something or they are not doing their job. They could not see me entering my car and using the hand rail so I was wrote up for it. They also have a part time sup that does nothing but sit at the computer every move we make in our truck to make sure we are not stealing time or wasting miles.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you have to make the same specific mistake twice or are all of these things being lumped under "failure to follow instructions" for disciplinary purposes?

DS

Fenderbender
In my center there is a all out blitz on warning ltrs and suspension for minor infractions, such as walking through pkg car to open the back door, not placing a orange cone out when parking downtown, forgetting to use the hand rail and many more. Everyone has been put on progressive displine, first Offence warning ltr, second 1 day suspension, third 2 day suspension, forth 3 day suspension and so on so on. I'm wondering if this is going on in other centers, this new approach to lowering payroll.

We get taken in and harassed about numbers and why we can not meet them. We have found out it does not matter if you have 8 inches of snow and 40 mph winds,and blizzard conditions we should still scratch on routes there have never been time studies or 3 day ride along. Then they come out in their personal vehicles and follow you around trying to catch you doing something wrong. They have to catch you doing something or they are not doing their job. They could not see me entering my car and using the hand rail so I was wrote up for it. They also have a part time sup that does nothing but sit at the computer every move we make in our truck to make sure we are not stealing time or wasting miles.

Integrity,I beg you, HELP these people if you can.

OVERBOARD

I hope you guys are grieving each and every one of those.

There was one guy that filed a grievance but pull it after talking to the BA. The BA informed him that he would go through with the grievance but he would receive extra attention and the driver didn’t want go through that. Most of the time the shop steward has discourage drivers from filing and no one wants to be the first one to follow through with the grievance process.

over9five

Staff member
There was one guy that filed a grievance but pull it after talking to the BA. The BA informed him that he would go through with the grievance but he would receive extra attention and the driver didn’t want go through that. Most of the time the shop steward has discourage drivers from filing and no one wants to be the first one to follow threw with the grievance process.

Ummm, but this is what the grievance procedure is for....

Time for someone in your center to MAN-UP.

OVERBOARD

Do you have to make the same specific mistake twice or are all of these things being lumped under "failure to follow instructions" for disciplinary purposes?

The safety infractions are lumped together. Image that for your safety we are going to give you a day off with out pay. Discipline under the disguise of safety.

DS

Fenderbender
The safety infractions are lumped together. Image that for your safety we are going to give you a day off with out pay. Discipline under the disguise of safety.

THIS is is reprehesible form of harassment and if ever, NOW would be a good time for a unanimous phone call to the 1-800 number
the more the merrier

Around here we call this disciplinary time of the year January or "Thanks for your hard work during peak but now I have to justify my existence is not meaningless therefore enjoy this complimentary warning letter."

OVERBOARD

Around here we call this disciplinary time of the year January or "Thanks for your hard work during peak but now I have to justify my existence is not meaningless therefore enjoy this complimentary warning letter."

This January is like no other. We had three drivers suspended last week , varying from 1 day to 5 days suspension and two more today where told that they would be receiving a little vacation. One driver received a one day suspension for not bring in a exempt pkg into the P.O. room.

705red

Browncafe Steward
There was one guy that filed a grievance but pull it after talking to the BA. The BA informed him that he would go through with the grievance but he would receive extra attention and the driver didn’t want go through that. Most of the time the shop steward has discourage drivers from filing and no one wants to be the first one to follow through with the grievance process.
The only way to fight fire, is with fire!!!! Its time for someone to step up and lead the way! I remember everyone use to be scared to file 9.5 grievances, now everyone in my center files. No one would say anything about a sup working, now everyone calls me when they see a sup working. Someone needs to man up, like Over said!

If your not ready to man up, quit complaining from behind a computer screen.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So your saying that nobody has had the stones to grieve this and see it through?
They have just accepted the suspension?
In the case of progressive discipline you are innocent until proven guilty.
The suspension would not be served until the grievance runs its course.
Sounds like some pretty pathetic Teamsters to me.

OVERBOARD

Ummm, but this is what the grievance procedure is for....

Time for someone in your center to MAN-UP.

If they ever give me a waring ltr, I will be the first one, I told two drivers today that they should file and they just look at me like I was crazy.

They took 10 of us into the office a week ago about numbers, steward included. Steward in turn called union hall to complain about harassment. Big boss comes down and the next thing I know I am being followed by three of them. All the steward says is make sure you use methods and do your best. I hear daily about numbers and there are no excuses.

OVERBOARD

So your saying that nobody has had the stones to grieve this and see it through?
They have just accepted the suspension?
In the case of progressive discipline you are innocent until proven guilty.
The suspension would not be served until the grievance runs its course.
Sounds like some pretty pathetic Teamsters to me.

I know this sounds skeptical but its very true, how sad. The shop steward is friends with the center manager. The shop steward also told me that the center manager has a lot of pressure from higher up to fix the building. He mention something else to me, sounds a little crazy but he also told me that UPS is doing away with all center manager position, that every building will only have On car sups. I hope he not a member of BC because he will know who I am.

Last edited:

OVERBOARD

The only way to fight fire, is with fire!!!! Its time for someone to step up and lead the way! I remember everyone use to be scared to file 9.5 grievances, now everyone in my center files. No one would say anything about a sup working, now everyone calls me when they see a sup working. Someone needs to man up, like Over said!

If your not ready to man up, quit complaining from behind a computer screen.

I'm not complaining , I was just wondering if anyone else was seeing this type of action going on..

iowa boy

Ladydriver,

Just wait this will get worse now that you are part of the new central plains district which is run out of missouri. Missouri has been and still is all about numbers and nothing else. its just pathetic anymore. :angry: