free Period

LambeauLeap85

I've gotten mixed answers when does the free period for making book for FT driver begin and end? And what are the requirments? 45 in 70? Thanks in advance

menotyou

bella amicizia
Free period? Three years from your seniority date of your new job, in NYS, your progression ends and you are at top rate.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Then, work 30 in 90 to get your seniority date. Once you get your seniority date, 3 years from there you will be at top rate.

yeldarb

I didnt realise that was how it worked. My seniority date is 3 months before I went driving. My date is when they called me asking if I wanted to drive...That was 12 years ago though.

rocket man

I've gotten mixed answers when does the free period for making book for FT driver begin and end? And what are the requirments? 45 in 70? Thanks in advance
Nothing is free in this company. . . 30 days cover during 180 day period. keep all your pay stubs or check on line. your pay stubs will show your pt hours and the days they you were driving, keep track and( after) the 30th day you go to them and show they used you. . DONT brag to anyone your getting close oms/ onroads/ center manager just get it done, id do 31 because your in. when you go to them you go with a shop rep..

Last edited:

Inthegame

Okay guys thanks for the responds.Seems like they vary from center to center
Not center to center but it does vary area wide according to the governing Supplement and Rider. Just taking a stab at this but if your name is an indication of your location, you are under the Central Region Supplement. Article 1 Section 1 covers some of your questions. Basically other posts are accurate in the 30 days worked in a 90 day period, prior to the Nov 1st-Dec 31st free period. If that fits, report that to your BA immediately. I had a gal UPS lost count of and she worked 6 days in August, 2 days in Sept. and 23 days in Oct. DING DING DING...31 in 90. They refused to give her seniority, threatening to fire her for poor driving??? if I pushed the issue. Being Irish, I pushed harder and after 12 months got her hired with full back pay and full back benefits. She's been accident free over 10 years, a great employee. Feels good to win once and a while.
Keep track buddy, Good luck.