Free speech. A threat to our democracy.

Tom MacDonald

Max E. Pads

“In making, embracing and disseminating innumerable false statements, Trump has provoked a debate among legal scholars over whether the once-sacrosanct constitutional protection of free speech has itself become a threat to democracy by enabling the widespread and instantaneous transmission of lies in the service of political gain,” Edsall wrote.

vantexan

“In making, embracing and disseminating innumerable false statements, Trump has provoked a debate among legal scholars over whether the once-sacrosanct constitutional protection of free speech has itself become a threat to democracy by enabling the widespread and instantaneous transmission of lies in the service of political gain,” Edsall wrote.
Been watching politicians lie forever. Trump is a threat to the establishment enriching itself at our expense. Which I know you believe, just putting it out there.

rod

Retired 22 years
Been watching politicians lie forever. Trump is a threat to the establishment enriching itself at our expense. Which I know you believe, just putting it out there.
Try naming a politician who hasn't enriched themselves at our expense also. Come to think of it I believe Donald was the only one in history who either refused or donated his salary.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Try naming a politician who hasn't enriched themselves at our expense also. Come to think of it I believe Donald was the only one in history who either refused or donated his salary.

How about George Washington, Herbert Hoover and John Kennedy?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
George initially refused it, but then used it for office expenses. Kennedy donated his to charity.

zimbomb

And yet he managed to be the most expensive president on the tax payers dime in american history and he did it in 4 year's.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
He has taken much more than any salary given up with our tax dollars going to his properties.