Free UPSSOCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Hey All,
I enjoy "most" of UPSSOCKS's posts. I actually got sideways with him last year when I thought that he was being an Ass.
I have since come to "know" him (via Posts) and I sincerely belive that his presence on BC is a Positive.
I have e-=mailed a number of log-term BCers asking for their support of bringin back UPSOCKS without restrictions.
I have been a bit pissed off lately about all the Google Ad's that are all over almost every screen (for me) and the impression that Cheryl, Tony, and several Mods are walking Gods and beyond questioning. Chill:happy-very:

(Cheryl/Tony/Mods...no offense intended at all. I love "All Y'all". I'm just making a point here).

Back to UPSOCKS....we cannot alienate him here on BC...He is a member and has a voice that I (and I think You) benefit from. He get's us thinking.... I beleive many here do as well..

Cheryl/Tony: Please reinstate UPSOCKS with full posting rights as we all have and please do not degrade him for his opinions (albeit them contrary to popular BC opinion).

Look....his Mod thread was hilarious and fun to monitor/comment.

Free Socks
Free Socks
Free Socks

jimstud

Banned
i can't say as i miss him. everything he posts is his opinion and you know what they say " opinions are like butt holes everybody has one and most of them stink."

Big Babooba

Everybody deserves a second chance.

The following is for Cheryl & Tony's eyes only! Nobody else read past this point!
Maybe you can give him Double Secret Probation?

tieguy

Banned
Me too. He's the management version of the union lughead. Only problem is there are 100 union lug heads here and only one socks so I guess he stands our more. :happy2:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Cheryl/Tony: Please reinstate UPSOCKS with full posting rights as we all have and please do not degrade him for his opinions (albeit them contrary to popular BC opinion).

UPSsocks knows that he can still post here, I pm'd with him about it before he announced he was leaving. I actually encouraged him to continue to post under one condition: he needed to be more respectful toward other members. He felt that I had slighted him and decided to leave. I didn't ban him or tell him to leave...

I have been a bit pissed off lately about all the Google Ad's that are all over almost every screen (for me) and the impression that Cheryl, Tony, and several Mods are walking Gods and beyond questioning. Chill:happy-very:

(Cheryl/Tony/Mods...no offense intended at all. I love "All Y'all". I'm just making a point here).
We've had ads running here for years, if we didn't run ads I couldn't afford to keep this site online.

To those of you that think I'm raking in the $: If you want to make money on the internet a forum is not the way to do it. I'm always happy when a forum makes a little more than I am spending to keep it online...

I started this site over 10 years ago. There have been many more months that we haven't made enough ad revenue to cover our expenses than months were we break even or make any profit. Many years ago we even had individuals send unsolicited donations to sponsor this site. It apears that times have changed...

The recent ad changes were made because our ad revenue had been very low this year and was drifting even lower. Google adsense analyzed our site and recommended the type and placement of the ads we have now to try and bring the revenue back up. They actually recommended 3 ads per page but I thought that was too much, so I only used 2.

To recap: According to google's analysis you should be seeing 3 ads per page instead of 2.

You're welcome.

Mods are walking Gods and beyond questioning.
Finally, something we agree on. :wink2:

iowa boy

Me too. He's the management version of the union lughead. Only problem is there are 100 union lug heads here and only one socks so I guess he stands our more. :happy2:

Tie,

He was a wanna be. You and every other management person on this board may not agree with us hourlies, but we all treat each other with respect even though we don't agree with you or the management person we are talking to. Socks had no respect for anyone on here, even Cheryl and the Mods. When he got called on his attitude and disrespect, he decided to run away from the problem, instead of trying to fix it.

This shows me what type of person he actually was. I think you can see that too.

tieguy

Banned
Tie,

He was a wanna be. You and every other management person on this board may not agree with us hourlies, .

I'm not talking about hourlies in general . I'm talking about true hardcore union lug heads that constantly make outrageous comments from their side of the fence that they are not challenged on. It was fun watching Socks do the same thing from the management side on this site and watch you guys constantly apply the double standard.

you guys never noticed the extreme answers that sometimes came from your side of the fence, dang sure never spoke out against them but would pounce on Socks like rabid dogs.

I hope socks has not left because this site desperately needs the balance of different perspectives. Some of you live in some kind of bubble and you needed the raw answers he provided.

iowa boy

I'm not talking about hourlies in general . I'm talking about true hardcore union lug heads that constantly make outrageous comments from their side of the fence that they are not challenged on. It was fun watching Socks do the same thing from the management side on this site and watch you guys constantly apply the double standard.

you guys never noticed the extreme answers that sometimes came from your side of the fence, dang sure never spoke out against them but would pounce on Socks like rabid dogs.

Tie,
The other management on this board, you included, don't try and put on a "show". I will agree with you that the hardcore union guys can be outlandish, but don't you think its also an act?

To me Socks was just trying to be a "keyboard cowboy". As I said in a post towards him, he was nothing but a poor actor on the BC stage. Based on my interactions with UPS Lifer, P-Man, and you, as examples, none of you try to put on a "show" and try to be the Big Man on the BC. You three give the management perspective in an honest way without showboating or "telling me to call you Sir" or any of that crap. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to kiss anybody's butt, I just telling it like I see it.

rod

Retired 22 years
That does it---if they don't bring back upssocks I'm going to post hundreds of irrelevant Youtube posts. I miss his stupid rants about hourly people and Unions. He reminded me of some of my favorite management people I worked with over the years. The " what they say- let it go in one ear and out the other types". Always good for a laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.