Free UPSSOCKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DS

Fenderbender
Tie,
The other management on this board, you included, don't try and put on a "show". I will agree with you that the hardcore union guys can be outlandish, but don't you think its also an act?

To me Socks was just trying to be a "keyboard cowboy". As I said in a post towards him, he was nothing but a poor actor on the BC stage. Based on my interactions with UPS Lifer, P-Man, and you, as examples, none of you try to put on a "show" and try to be the Big Man on the BC. You three give the management perspective in an honest way without showboating or "telling me to call you Sir" or any of that crap. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to kiss anybody's butt, I just telling it like I see it.
I agree Tie.why are you sticking up for him?

22.34life

i personally think most of his post are funny and make the threads interesting.sure he was way out in left field with his post but i mean come on its just a chat forum.its not that serious some of you should lighten up a bit.

Hey All,
I enjoy "most" of UPSSOCKS's posts. I actually got sideways with him last year when I thought that he was being an Ass.
I have since come to "know" him (via Posts) and I sincerely belive that his presence on BC is a Positive.
I have e-=mailed a number of log-term BCers asking for their support of bringin back UPSOCKS without restrictions.
I have been a bit pissed off lately about all the Google Ad's that are all over almost every screen (for me) and the impression that Cheryl, Tony, and several Mods are walking Gods and beyond questioning. Chill:happy-very:
We all have restrictions on posting I will not commit on my opinion of socks becasue of those restrictions. I've been asked to "tone it down" by the moderation team, so it seems to me the restrictions are not just for a few.
Tony and Cheryl are not Gods, they are the OWNERS of this board, without them there would be no BrownCafe...PERIOD. I think that gives them the right to make whatever rules they please as well as the right to decide who can or can not post on this forum. The Mods as far as I can tell to a pretty good job of trying to help Cheryl and Tony keep this site respectable and clean. As Cheryl explained in her post, the cost of maintaining this site is not cheap and comes out of their pocket. That gives them the right to try and recoup some of the expense. IMHO, C&T and the Mod team deserves a hardy pat on the back. WAY TO GO Y'all.

Hawaii50

I know what you doing SOCKS. Temporary withdraw from a group, will make you more talked about, even more admired. Seems like you got a few groupies here on BC.

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Maybe Socks is lost,gone to the land of lost socks like so many other non matching pairs in my laundry basket.Well if the washing machine will regergitate him (please check my spelling) let him back.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
I started a 3k on Saturday under extreme heat.
MS took me out of the run at the 2.25 mark.
Extreme heat and MS do not mix well together.
I raised 183.47 for Breast Cancer.
The husband remarked that the girls bounced like my avatar once did...

(I should have brought a PT Supervisor to run the 3k for me...I should have learned from the wisdom of Socks.)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Socks who?!?!?!?

He was a bit of flotsam and jetsam. I personally will not miss him at all. Gone with the wind just like Dis-Organized Labor and some others.

fethrs

The only time I replied to one of his comments, he sent me a message. Called me stupid and said to mind my own business. That's not verbatim but close. DIdn't reply to him after that and just stayed away, if he's gone, he's gone, I wont cry.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
My opinion is that he is a mean-spirited, mentally challenged jerk who has nothing relevant or meaningful to contribute, and he goes out of his way to personally insult people for no other reason than to incite a flame war. Constructive or even biting criticism is one thing, but he has no interest in offering any sort of solutions. He only wants to perpetuate the problems.

That being said, I am also a proponent of free speech. More importantly, I am an adult who is capable of deciding for myself how or when to respond to such behavior. I dont feel that I need the moderators...or an "ignore" list...to protect me from mere words on a screen. I can put on my big-boy pants and do that all by myself. There is a little "x" at the top right hand corner of the screen that I am free to use any time I want to.

So...in the interest of free speech....I say bring him back. While it might be appropriate to draw the line at hate speech, or against people who advocate violence or criminal behavior, I dont think Socks ever quite crossed those boundaries. He is guilty of nothing more than being an obnoxious, brainless ass...and even obnoxious brainless asses have the right to speak freely, even when nobody chooses to listen.

over9five

Staff member
I don't think some of you understand. "Bring him back". He would have to do that himself, he's not banned.

He made his own decision not to post anymore. He's a big boy, he certainly has the right to do that.

I think those of you who miss him should PM him.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't think some of you understand. "Bring him back". He would have to do that himself, he's not banned.

He made his own decision not to post anymore. He's a big boy, he certainly has the right to do that.

I think those of you who miss him should PM him.

The original post implied that he had been banned by the moderators.

I'm glad that isnt the case. I'm even more glad that he chose to leave on his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.