Fresh meat!

Audio

Hello all. Just got hired with UPS at a hub and came across this site. Working load for the midnight shift. Just got through with my first day of training and sorting caught my eye. Looked like it would be a lot easier (once you memorize everything of course) than loading, especially for the extra $1/hr.

Anyway, I'm glad to be a part of this company and I'm looking forward to browsing through this forum later, but for now I'm off to sleep.

Last edited:

tonyexpress

Whac-A-Troll Patrol
Staff member
Hello Audio,

Welcome to the BrownCafe....

We'll be interested in hearing about your new experiences at UPS!!:peaceful:

Audio

Everyone seems to cry about this job. The way I look at it, they're paying me to go to the gym. I've been hitting the gym like a madman the last few months and have burned all kinds of weight. This is just an extension to that to help me even more, that pays me.

Everyone seems to cry about this job. The way I look at it, they're paying me to go to the gym. I've been hitting the gym like a madman the last few months and have burned all kinds of weight. This is just an extension to that to help me even more, that pays me.
Thats what they all say at the begining and then reality sets in.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Well, if you're hitting the gym and THEN taking a 2 hour lunch......maybe you're Management material. How are your people skills?
Doesn't matter.

Just Kidding. UPS is a great Employer. You'll see. If you haven't worked for Ford, GM, Catepillar; etc. you will not see a dfference.

UPS is the best!

Posters will disagree, but..........

Audio

Well, if you're hitting the gym and THEN taking a 2 hour lunch......maybe you're Management material. How are your people skills?
Doesn't matter.

Just Kidding. UPS is a great Employer. You'll see. If you haven't worked for Ford, GM, Catepillar; etc. you will not see a dfference.

UPS is the best!

Posters will disagree, but..........
Just like any job, I'm sure it will suck for a few years. I'm hoping to move into a PT Sup position (average time in our hub is 2 years) then getting into IT when I get out of school.