Friday Preload

laffter

Our preload sort ran a little over 2 hours this morning. Most people opted to go home. Almost every truck I saw had right around ~100 pieces each. Looks like they'll be offering everybody "time worked" today.

oldngray

nowhere special
Our preload sort ran a little over 2 hours this morning. Most people opted to go home. Almost every truck I saw had right around ~100 pieces each. Looks like they'll be offering everybody "time worked" today.

They have to run enough routes to cover pickups so they have to go out light or start late.

oldngray

nowhere special
I have worked 10,11,12 hours on days like today because they will combine 3 rural routes and 35 stops can be just brutal

Deliveries can definitely be brutal but pickups have time windows and since a driver can only be in 1 place at a time UPS has to run enough routes to cover pickups. Of course that doesn't mean it always happens and sometimes they are left scrambling to cover pickups because of their own stupidity.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Deliveries can definitely be brutal but pickups have time windows and since a driver can only be in 1 place at a time UPS has to run enough routes to cover pickups. Of course that doesn't mean it always happens and sometimes they are left scrambling to cover pickups because of their own stupidity.

Time windows are largely ignored today.

9.5er

I wish they'd take my pick ups off me. I have 5 stops left and will be begging people to let me pick up early.
We were told this morning MOST pickups could be made early. There were exceptions like drop boxes and big shippers though. I made all my PU's by lunch time. Had one complain a little. I made them my last one and they were ready when I got there.
Went in to work expecting a normal day and ended up with half a days work. I'll take it.

oldngray

nowhere special
What they could do (at least in my center) is use the pm air pickup drivers to cover those late pickups. My center had some that started about 5 pm to pick up letter boxes and run air out to airport.

DriverMD

What they could do (at least in my center) is use the pm air pickup drivers to cover those late pickups. My center had some that started about 5 pm to pick up letter boxes and run air out to airport.
I wish. I finished at 11:45 and gotta get the ups store in the evening. Just laying on the 2000 shelf for a few hours now.

DriverMD

Why not stop by the house. Couch has to be a lot more comfy then the 2000 shelf. Just tell the center manager you ran a misload.
House is about 20 miles away. I'm not that committed to running a misload lol. It was a long day though, 260 pieces from the store along with other pickups I got from other guys in my center.