from air driver to package driver - speeding ticket - on topic

big b1978

I am an air driver that has the seniority to fill a full time package car driver position, but I got a speeding ticket in July of last year.

Am I eligible to take the full time package driver job next week?

Brisket

I am an air driver that has the seniority to fill a full time package car driver position, but I got a speeding ticket in July of last year.

Am I eligible to take the full time package driver job next week?

As previously stated, you will not be eligible for 12 months from the date of the ticket.

I sure hope you listed it when you signed the form to list any infractions in the past year. If not, oh damn.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As previously stated, you will not be eligible for 12 months from the date of the ticket.

I sure hope you listed it when you signed the form to list any infractions in the past year. If not, oh damn.

The clock starts from the date of the conviction, which may or may not be the same as the day of the infraction.

big b1978

Nope.

Did you try to get the ticket reduced or take the class to get the points taken off of your license?
Nope.

Did you try to get the ticket reduced or take the class to get the points taken off of your lic

I listed it on my MVDC form that i filled out in january but no one has told me I am disqualified...does local management have any wiggle room on this matter?

big b1978

One calendar year from the date of the conviction.
I listed it on my MVDC form that i filled out in january but no one has told me I am disqualified...does local management have any wiggle room on this matter?

Brisket

They will not necessarily 'tell' you that you are DQ'ed, they may just pick the first qualified person with the highest seniority... that didn't have an infraction.

big b1978

Thank you Brisket and Ron Burgandy and all of you that took the time to share information. It wasn't the answer i had hoped for but it is good to know.
Thanks again

rod

Retired 22 years
Not necessarily. It could depend on how much they like you and if you have given them good numbers. One thing you should learn is NOTHING is carved in granite at UPS.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Sure they do , you reported it, no need to broadcast it at work.Continue on as if nothing happened. Oh, and join the 401k plan

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Not necessarily. It could depend on how much they like you and if you have given them good numbers. One thing you should learn is NOTHING is carved in granite at UPS.
We don't have the ability to ignore it at the local level. HR wouldn't even let us process the paperwork

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
48PoK0.gif

barnyard

KTM rider
We don't have the ability to ignore it at the local level. HR wouldn't even let us process the paperwork

That was what I thought.

We had a PT supe that was set to go driving, but had a reckless driving from 10.5 months earlier. She could not drive at peak and had to wait until summer. She did and was passed up for a FT job, so she quit.

Tenpoint88

That was what I thought.

We had a PT supe that was set to go driving, but had a reckless driving from 10.5 months earlier. She could not drive at peak and had to wait until summer. She did and was passed up for a FT job, so she quit.
In my hub you have to go 3 years without reckless driving, so she would have had to wait 2 years and 2 months to be eledgible to drive. Idk what yal require there.