From package handler to Driver wait time In Chicago , or Northbrook, il,

LARRYPETE

Hey everyone , I am new here and I am looking for a new career and thinking about being a ups driver , sounds like a nice job

I know that to be a driver you have to be a package handler and be promoted from with-in, but my biggest question was , how long do package handlers usually wait before they are given the opportunity to drive? after looking online and reading through this forum , Its clear it depends on the location of the ups facility which determines the wait time to drive,

I am in Chicago and I think the nearest ups facility is in Northbrook Il . I cant seem to find any information about it , so I decided to post here and see if anyone knows, Does anyone here have idea what the wait time is like here?

If anyone has any idea, I want to thank you in advance for the advice!

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Hey everyone , I am new here and I am looking for a new career and thinking about being a ups driver , sounds like a nice job

I know that to be a driver you have to be a package handler and be promoted from with-in, but my biggest question was , how long do package handlers usually wait before they are given the opportunity to drive? after looking online and reading through this forum , Its clear it depends on the location of the ups facility which determines the wait time to drive,

I am in Chicago and I think the nearest ups facility is in Northbrook Il . I cant seem to find any information about it , so I decided to post here and see if anyone knows, Does anyone here have idea what the wait time is like here?

depends on the building, there is no specific wait time, just depends on the factors

Box Ox

I am looking for a new career and thinking about being a ups driver , sounds like a nice job

Facepalm-GIF-Image-for-Whatsapp-and-Facebook-13.gif

LARRYPETE

thanks guys, yeah I figured it would be at least a minimum of a year or two, but have read of some waiting 10 or 12 years, that would just be crazy, but 2-5 years would go by pretty fast,

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

No Idea but, I like your username
You must be from the south or Pennsylvania

hondo

promoted to mediocrity

@LARRYPETE :Besides making an appointment and asking HR; you could try calling Teamsters Local 705 at 312-738-2800, ask to talk to a UPS business agent, and tell them you are researching the job outlook. They have a copy of the package car driver waiting list. The wait time varies depending on what building you want to be a package car driver in.

Can you drive a stick shift? Can you drive a large truck (up to 26,000 lbs, about 28-32' long, 96" wide)? Pass a basic physical exam? Clean driving record (no recent accidents/tickets)? If you want to start out as a seasonal driver, do you already have a class C, non-CDL license?

FYI, if you do have to work part-time, you can work part time in any of the following locations (and become a driver in your building of choice when they get to your name on the list): Palatine hub, Northbrook hub, OHare airport, Franklin Park hub, Chicago (South Loop) hub, Addison hub, Bedford Park hub, Hodgkins/Willow Springs hub, Westmont center, Harvey center, & Lockport center (opening soon).

LeadBelly

Banned
@LARRYPETE :Besides making an appointment and asking HR; you could try calling Teamsters Local 705 at 312-738-2800, ask to talk to a UPS business agent, and tell them you are researching the job outlook. They have a copy of the package car driver waiting list. The wait time varies depending on what building you want to be a package car driver in.

Can you drive a stick shift? Can you drive a large truck (up to 26,000 lbs, about 28-32' long, 96" wide)? Pass a basic physical exam? Clean driving record (no recent accidents/tickets)? If you want to start out as a seasonal driver, do you already have a class C, non-CDL license?

FYI, if you do have to work part-time, you can work part time in any of the following locations (and become a driver in your building of choice when they get to your name on the list): Palatine hub, Northbrook hub, OHare airport, Franklin Park hub, Chicago (South Loop) hub, Addison hub, Bedford Park hub, Hodgkins/Willow Springs hub, Westmont center, Harvey center, & Lockport center (opening soon).
You are the man!!!!

Poop Head

Judge me.

24e1ftt.jpg

LARRYPETE

Thanks!!!!