From The Chairman: Protecting You From Unions

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Dear Team Members,

Bravo Zulu and thanks again for making me so filthy rich. The pilots are also pretty happy with their latest deal. We live like rock stars while you barely scrape by...I LOVE it!!

Today's subject is evil unions and everything we do here at FedEx to protect you from them. First, a bit of history on unions. Did you know Jesus was put on the cross by union members? Absolutely true. The Roman Empire? Unions brought it down when they demanded to be paid the same as the gladiators. Later in history, Lenin was the first Teamster, and Mao, Stalin and Hitler were all IBT leaders. The Communist Party, and even ISIS...all UNION. It's well known that North Korea is all-Teamster.

Here are some more FACTS about unions. Did you know UPS drivers pay over $600 per month in union dues and that their pension plan only pays out $50 per month upon retirement? They reach top wage in just a few years so they have NOTHING to look forward to. Most retired Teamsters are street people living in tents and cardboard boxes.

Union thugs roam organized companies. beating-up workers at random and extorting protection money from them. They follow your kids to school and then blackmail you into paying them off in order that they not be harmed.

At FedEx, we protect you from the evils of the Teamsters. I fought hard to get FedEx under the RLA so it would be nearly impossible for them to get their evil hands on my precious employees. Did you know that's why we don't allow outside organizations on FedEx property? If we were to allow in the Pope, for example, then the IBT would say we have to let them in too. NO WAY!!!

That's why we have GFT and Open Door instead of Communist Weingarten Rights. Why would you want your shop steward present when you could have a FedEx manager and FedEx Legal instead, looking out for you!!

You know, our pilots went union years ago and many of them now regret it. They write to me all the time pleading for less pay, bad schedules, and to eliminate their pensions so they too can go onto the PPA and the same industry-leading benefit plans they you enjoy.

So, the next time a union thug is standing outside our parking lot, or when the UPS driver lies to you when he says he makes $34 per hour, remember that they are evil Communist ISIS members who believe in Satan and want to turn your children into Oompa-Loompas and trolls.

Sincerely,

Frederick W. Smith

P.S. The "W" stands for winner, not weasel.

vantexan

There's a difference between "nothing to look forward to" and "something to work towards." For the last 13 or so years mid-range employees had neither. If breaking your back everyday doesn't lead to something better then what's the point? And it isn't Christianity that's causing the problem, but of course those that hate always blame Christians, Jews, minorities, etc for all of their problems.

dezguy

I love when I talk to co workers about UPS' union, usually the first thing they say against joining a union is "they have to pay union dues." In my area, UPS drivers pay $80/month in union dues, have company paid benefits which are superior to ours and a full company pension. Here, I pay nearly $100 a month for my "industry leading benefits" and nearly $100 a month for my group RRSP, which I have to contribute more to in order to make as much as I'm making now, when I retire.

Seems to me, joining a union and paying dues would save me quite a bit of money in the long run.

bacha29

The worst thing that ever happened to this country was the loss of union jobs. People are to dumb to see it or understand it.
As long as people keep electing and placing in positions of high political power people who pander to the powerful and wealthy elite and vote every time for the political agenda of the wealthy elite nothing will change for the people who are dependent on a day's work to survive. No disrespect to people like VanT but the belief that if we give the 1% everything they want they will make it right with the working class. It has been proven conclusively that this is not the case and the truth is the exact opposite.

vantexan

As long as people keep electing and placing in positions of high political power people who pander to the powerful and wealthy elite and vote every time for the political agenda of the wealthy elite nothing will change for the people who are dependent on a day's work to survive. No disrespect to people like VanT but the belief that if we give the 1% everything they want they will make it right with the working class. It has been proven conclusively that this is not the case and the truth is the exact opposite.
I heard something this afternoon that in 20 years 47% of all current jobs will be gone due to technological advances. If true people need to figure out something better than the current employer/employee model and get over the class envy. It's frustrating trying to make a living but the implications of a future with not enough work to go around makes me think we'll end up with something similar to India. Or wars designed to reduce our population. Living in less advanced countries might not be a bad idea either.

bacha29

I heard something this afternoon that in 20 years 47% of all current jobs will be gone due to technological advances. If true people need to figure out something better than the current employer/employee model and get over the class envy. It's frustrating trying to make a living but the implications of a future with not enough work to go around makes me think we'll end up with something similar to India. Or wars designed to reduce our population. Living in less advanced countries might not be a bad idea either.
The scenario you speak of is credible but conditions in those countries will also be impacted with the potential for anarchy and lawlessness and reprisals especially against Americans and other foreigners living there.

vantexan

The scenario you speak of is credible but conditions in those countries will also be impacted with the potential for anarchy and lawlessness and reprisals especially against Americans and other foreigners living there.
But the developing nations won't have the high tech we'll have, so people will be working. Not to mention in many countries they simply don't have the same attitudes towards work and wealth that are drilled into our heads from childhood.

bacha29

But the developing nations won't have the high tech we'll have, so people will be working. Not to mention in many countries they simply don't have the same attitudes towards work and wealth that are drilled into our heads from childhood.
When you talk about developing nations that often means poor infrastructure, poor healthcare and sanitation, limited and often time poor quality essential public services, a not very stable or functional government a banking and currency system that's not setting any performance records an agrarian and often impoverished society along with a next to non existent public education system Other than that it's a great place to live. Take me with you when you go.

SmithBarney

I love when I talk to co workers about UPS' union, usually the first thing they say against joining a union is "they have to pay union dues." In my area, UPS drivers pay $80/month in union dues, have company paid benefits which are superior to ours and a full company pension. Here, I pay nearly $100 a month for my "industry leading benefits" and nearly $100 a month for my group RRSP, which I have to contribute more to in order to make as much as I'm making now, when I retire.

Seems to me, joining a union and paying dues would save me quite a bit of money in the long run.
Hah, 100/month, I pay about 100/week for our "benefits" family of 5

vantexan

When you talk about developing nations that often means poor infrastructure, poor healthcare and sanitation, limited and often time poor quality essential public services, a not very stable or functional government a banking and currency system that's not setting any performance records an agrarian and often impoverished society along with a next to non existent public education system Other than that it's a great place to live. Take me with you when you go.
Which certainly describes many of them, but not all. And even in some there are pockets of prosperity. And in some you also have world class scenery and great weather. And some, like Chile, have developed into First World status but aren't as expensive as we are, but not bargain basement either. You really can't judge them all by the same yardstick.

Gone fishin

The thing about big corporations is that their losing money due to paying employees That couldn't be further than the truth, Fred is paid in stock as well as his cronies The lower operations the higher the margins Until the average worker revolts this will be the norm

Dear Team Members,

Bravo Zulu and thanks again for making me so filthy rich. The pilots are also pretty happy with their latest deal. We live like rock stars while you barely scrape by...I LOVE it!!

Today's subject is evil unions and everything we do here at FedEx to protect you from them. First, a bit of history on unions. Did you know Jesus was put on the cross by union members? Absolutely true. The Roman Empire? Unions brought it down when they demanded to be paid the same as the gladiators. Later in history, Lenin was the first Teamster, and Mao, Stalin and Hitler were all IBT leaders. The Communist Party, and even ISIS...all UNION. It's well known that North Korea is all-Teamster.

Here are some more FACTS about unions. Did you know UPS drivers pay over $600 per month in union dues and that their pension plan only pays out $50 per month upon retirement? They reach top wage in just a few years so they have NOTHING to look forward to. Most retired Teamsters are street people living in tents and cardboard boxes.

Union thugs roam organized companies. beating-up workers at random and extorting protection money from them. They follow your kids to school and then blackmail you into paying them off in order that they not be harmed.

At FedEx, we protect you from the evils of the Teamsters. I fought hard to get FedEx under the RLA so it would be nearly impossible for them to get their evil hands on my precious employees. Did you know that's why we don't allow outside organizations on FedEx property? If we were to allow in the Pope, for example, then the IBT would say we have to let them in too. NO WAY!!!

That's why we have GFT and Open Door instead of Communist Weingarten Rights. Why would you want your shop steward present when you could have a FedEx manager and FedEx Legal instead, looking out for you!!

You know, our pilots went union years ago and many of them now regret it. They write to me all the time pleading for less pay, bad schedules, and to eliminate their pensions so they too can go onto the PPA and the same industry-leading benefit plans they you enjoy.

So, the next time a union thug is standing outside our parking lot, or when the UPS driver lies to you when he says he makes $34 per hour, remember that they are evil Communist ISIS members who believe in Satan and want to turn your children into Oompa-Loompas and trolls.

Sincerely,

Frederick W. Smith

P.S. The "W" stands for winner, not weasel.
You are pathetic. Always crying shut up already. You are worse than a child!!

Coalminer2005

My dues are around 20 bucks a week. I'm not sure where the 600 dollar a month figure comes from. I won't comment on the pension part since that is grossly incorrect.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The worst thing that ever happened to this country was the loss of union jobs.

Blame the unions. They take credit for getting the government to provide worker protections that unions once provided. I personally hope unions stay very strong in the northeast because we're seeing INSANE growth in the manufacturing sector down here from companies that want no part of unions up there.

To all you guys up north, please tell the unionized factory workers up there to NOT BUDGE AN INCH.

People are to dumb to see it or understand it.

:::giggity:::