Front door delivery request

Cementups

Box Monkey
Agreed...I was referring to the Richards that watch the driver lug each set of tires or packages up to the door...and after the 5th and final trip from the PC...ask him to move them all from the FD to the garage.

Well, if I've already dropped off everything and heading back to the truck, I all of a sudden become deaf and wave as I drive away. Can't hear them over my radio anyway.

oldngray

nowhere special
Agreed...I was referring to the Richards that watch the driver lug each set of tires or packages up to the door...and after the 5th and final trip from the PC...ask him to move them all from the FD to the garage.

They will stand at the door and watch then wait until you have lugged the last package -past the garage- to the front door before saying anything.

barnyard

KTM rider
Lugged 2 carts of paper to an office, go get sig, secretary says, "can you take 2 cases to this office, 2 to that office and the rest to our storeroom??"

No.

wayfair

swollen member
I knew of a driver who had unloaded a bulk stop inside a customers overhead door, the owner told him that the packages go behind the counter and well, the driver replied, "If I did that, I'd be working for you"

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lugged 2 carts of paper to an office, go get sig, secretary says, "can you take 2 cases to this office, 2 to that office and the rest to our storeroom??"

No.

Had one of those about a year ago. After lugging in the 2nd 4-wheel load in, the woman says "oh, half of those go upstairs to suite xxx", I told her they all go to one place, she proceeds to call a co-worker who verifies what she thought. I said it's all staying here. She was pretty pissed, but reluctantly signed for it all.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown

No.
Yeah, when I took over my bid route I had to retrain several offices. They had all trained the previous driver to act as their mailroom staff distributing stuff around. I tell them each business gets one delivery point. I'll stick it wherever you want it, but it's all going the same place.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I tell my customers as long as it's on the cart I will put it just about anywhere within reason. Once it's off the cart it becomes their problem.

Packmule

A few years ago we had a driver DR a Sleep Number bed on the front porch. I was raining and there was no other place to leave 7 large boxes.
The lady of the house had to call the sheriff to come get her out. He had blocked her front door and that was her only way out.
Next time my entire truck is full from a sleep number bed system, maybe I'll call the sheriff to get me out too!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Truly a hoarder! Lol
Don't clean up your house....just call 911...lol
2014-09-20-21-52-02-1914518034.jpeg

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Rrrrrriiiiigght. You guys live in or deliver to nice areas then...lol. If I put tires and rims on someones front door the next day I'm all but guaran:censored2:ingteed to be showing up the next day with a lost/claim ticket. I'd rather hand cart them the extra hundred feet to the garage and put them out of sight if possible.

Packmule

I'll put tires and rims in the garage if the customer is home to request it, or I have standing orders to put stuff in there. Otherwise I'm very careful about what I do on private property. Despite what some believe we only have a legitimate right to the front porch. We are a delivery company, not the cops with a search warrant.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
No, but it's called service. Going the extra mile makes us the better company. Even if our prices are higher I would have customers choose UPS because of the service I gave them.
Exactly it all about taking pride in your job, even though the company don't give a dam about its employees or customers. And ill be real, I take care of my customers throughout the year, and my customers take careof me like a mother at xmas. All about playing Hollywood and getting that ching ching at xmas lol.

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Exactly it all about taking pride in your job, even though the company don't give a dam about its employees or customers. And ill be real, I take care of my customers throughout the year, and my customers take careof me like a mother at xmas. All about playing Hollywood and getting that ching ching at xmas lol.
They care about the customers just fine. It's the consignees they don't give a :censored2: about. And we should try to service the consignees to the best of our ability. But the customer is first...the shipper.