FT Dockworker w/ CDL

NewTown

I've been trying to search these forums for information on the full time Dockworker position but have only found info on part time.
I'm currently a driver for fedex ground but I know that ups is a company worth putting your time in with so I'm willing to take the pay cut as long as it's still enough to pay the bills. I have my class A with doubles and triples and hazmat.

I'm hoping some of you can tell me whether I'll be driving at all or not and what the pay would be. Online it said only 6 hours a day but I'm hoping it's more than that.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
I've been trying to search these forums for information on the full time Dockworker position but have only found info on part time.
I'm currently a driver for fedex ground but I know that ups is a company worth putting your time in with so I'm willing to take the pay cut as long as it's still enough to pay the bills. I have my class A with doubles and triples and hazmat.

I'm hoping some of you can tell me whether I'll be driving at all or not and what the pay would be. Online it said only 6 hours a day but I'm hoping it's more than that.
Ummmmmmmmmmmm @Brownslave688 .....

NewTown

Okay. Didn't realize I was in the wrong forum. It is for freight and its clearly stated full time and not seasonal but then again that could just be the bait. Thanks for the heads up.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
You are just way too fast tonight, Dave.

Besides, our answers are different.

He's soooo slick tonight.

I mean he's throwing business peak projections out like he's an Atlanta board member.

And he gets sarcasm so well. Except he doesn't.

It's easy being witty from the one bedroom cat condo in the BOG.

sppollock

It depends on where you are applying, yes this is a freight position not small package. You will work the dock and if there is extra loads then you drive. You will work before part time dock workers that don't have there CDL and you will be paid more per hour. Talk to some drivers that work out of that terminal, we are currently super slow so you might be starved out until we start getting busy normally around mid April, normally...Good luck, like any job there is good and bad to it.

NewTown

It depends on where you are applying, yes this is a freight position not small package. You will work the dock and if there is extra loads then you drive. You will work before part time dock workers that don't have there CDL and you will be paid more per hour. Talk to some drivers that work out of that terminal, we are currently super slow so you might be starved out until we start getting busy normally around mid April, normally...Good luck, like any job there is good and bad to it.
Awesome. Thanks. I'm not to concerned with driving yet, been chasing enough pavement to appreciate a break. Kind of looking forward to getting back on a forklift. Well see where this takes me, still a lot to consider.

Also, if anyone could be patient enough with my ignorance to point me to this "freight" forum you speak of...I can't seem to find it.

sppollock

Awesome. Thanks. I'm not to concerned with driving yet, been chasing enough pavement to appreciate a break. Kind of looking forward to getting back on a forklift. Well see where this takes me, still a lot to consider.

Also, if anyone could be patient enough with my ignorance to point me to this "freight" forum you speak of...I can't seem to find it.

Your welcome, someone moved your post to the freight forum already that is why I answered you.

alex4815

Freight is down at the moment in most areas, so part time is probably all you're going to find..unlike package, this is the slow time of the year for freight