FT driver, classified as shuttle driver??

Maht

I'm a FT driver, but low on the seniority list for my center... haven't driven in a month, hence inside pay (yay).

Yesterday after working the preload to get hours, driver sup told me they needed me to deliver some bulk stops. I only delivered 3 stops, then was told I could go home. Checked my timecard today and saw they had coded me as a washer for the 2 hours I was out. Brought it up to the sup, as that'd keep me at my inside rate instead of starting driver pay over... so after checking it again this afternoon, now he's changed it to "package shuttle"... i was not shuttling, i scanned and delivered ground.

Question is, any clue how being coded shuttle driver would affect my pay vs ground driver? Would it restart my driver rate still?

Shady bastards... gotta love having to babysit your boss.

UPSjedi41

Our center will code us for just about anything for when we shuttle or run some air off and go home. Our pay rate doesn’t change so I don’t care how they do it on their end.

OptimusPrime

It’s so they don’t report a driver working that will screw up their numbers.

The number games always boggle my mind. You are sending a driver out say with stuff that didn't get loaded. The reports will show what time the driver left the building, the time he returned, and the mileage. Yet it shows he didn't make a single delivery. And that is somehow better than the shuttle guy making the deliveries saving all the OT being spent when I have to retrace my entire split route for say 5 stops?!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
The number games always boggle my mind. You are sending a driver out say with stuff that didn't get loaded. The reports will show what time the driver left the building, the time he returned, and the mileage. Yet it shows he didn't make a single delivery. And that is somehow better than the shuttle guy making the deliveries saving all the OT being spent when I have to retrace my entire split route for say 5 stops?!
That’s the reason they code them as “safety” in our building. You know, they were doing observations and happen to be shuttling packages at the same time.

Maht

Our center will code us for just about anything for when we shuttle or run some air off and go home. Our pay rate doesn’t change so I don’t care how they do it on their end.

Personally I don't care what they code it as, long as I'm paid properly... guess ill find out next Thursday.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
You’ll get your driver rate. Upsers have even said I “attended school” one time when I shuttled...they could code me as “sucked a fart out of on road sups butthole” as long as my pay is right who cares

Maht

The problem is it shows the symptom of the disease called dishonesty.

If you only knew.

I was actually called into the office today and given an intent to suspend because the center manager told the preload sup to have me do my mvdc after my shift, he didn't pass on the message so i went home. He claimed he did tell me so they wrote me up for failure to follow instructions. He later admitted to me that he didn't tell me anything, then changed his story again when asked by the steward... my center is nothing but a snake pit. Filed unjust suspension and article 37 today. Fun times ahead!