FT driver to Article 22

BigBrown609

There are two Article 22 spots up for bid in our center. A FT driver with top rate bid on it and got it. Does he take a pay cut with that or will he make driver rate doing that too?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Seniority means nothing with his pay. It's the jobs in the combo he bid.
If what you bid were two inside jobs then years of service is everything. Where as my inside rate would be under $20 someone with 30+ years in would have an inside rate almost equal to drivers full scale pay.

Pickles

"Top Rate Driver" (Feeder Single $32.40) to "Top Rate 22.3" ($26.74) is about $5-$6 per hour pay cut.

(Before the raise thats in limbo)

saintrick

There are two Article 22 spots up for bid in our center. A FT driver with top rate bid on it and got it. Does he take a pay cut with that or will he make driver rate doing that too?

Depends on whether it is a 22.2 or 22.3 job.

For 22.3 jobs.

The following language was added to article 41 of the NMA in 2002.

Full-time employees who bid into a full-time inside job covered by this Section will be paid in accordance with their full-time seniority date. Full-time employees with two (2)or more years of seniority who bid into a full-time inside job will be paid the top current rate of the classification.

In 2008 and 2013 the language changed to 3 years(2008) and 4 years(2013).

browniehound

Seniority means nothing with his pay. It's the jobs in the combo he bid.

Actually, this is not entirely true. Its true if its a 22.3 job where the combo jobs are both inside work. However, if the 22.3 job involves air driving its a split rate. You get the rate for air driving and second rate for the inside part of the job is determined by what your pay as a part-timer would be.

A guy with 37 years of PT seniority is going to be making a pretty significant wage. I'm guessing it would be very close to top-rate of a FT driver because we are talking about 37 years worth of raises this guy has.

I only know this because its how I started at UPS. My job was evening air driving and then midnight hub. I got about $14 for the air driving and $9.50 for the hub because the $9.50 was what I was making as a PT. Another guy with the exact same job was getting $14 for air driving and $15.50 for the hub job because that's what he was making as a part timer before he took the 22.3.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
My story ;
Year 1, 22.3 combo.
Had a in/out got paid at my p/t rate for both .
Move to another in/in at a different building, paid the same .
Moved back to my first building , in/out got paid at my p/t rate for inside & top air driver for outside .
Moved to a in/in & lost my higher p/t rate ($5/hr ) , now only paid at air driver top rate .
Same applies to any one coming from Package car into combo .