ft drivers pay..

mainebrown

hey what do you ft drivers clear per week?,...wondering how much of a house payment i will be able to afford when the time comes around...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

hey what do you ft drivers clear per week?,...wondering how much of a house payment i will be able to afford when the time comes around...

My take home is significantly less than that of most of my co-workers because I have 25% taken out for 401k and $25/week for United Way. That being said, my take home, or that of anyone else on this forum or at any other job for that matter, is really none of your business. Nothing personal.

barnyard

KTM rider
As long as people refuse to search, we will continue to have the same stale questions every week.

Looking around a little before posting is not that hard.

TB

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

BY, getting some of these kids to form complete sentences is hard enough. Asking them to use a search engine may as well be asking them to differentiate a quadratic function.

SmithBarney

...Driver makes top rate
28.12 or roughly around there. $1,124 before taxes per 40 hours. OT is $42.18.

Basically 60k base 40hr/week

hehe 40hr week.. the only 40 hr week I ever saw was my vacation weeks
thats when a UPS driver takes a pay cut...

BTW don't buy a house based on how much you make,

buy a house based on how little you want to spend..
I'd buy a second house and rent it... :)

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That is just in case there are any errors on the check or if the check was never issued they will have a chance to correct the error before you go on vacation.

Do you really only get 40 hours when you go on vacation? You are right, you do lose money. Significant money.

I am on vaca 6/23-7/6 and I received both of my checks 6/13, one for 45 hours and the other for 45 hours plus the holiday. Now, if I can just leave that money alone until the 23rd...

upsgrunt

We get the 45 hour vacation weeks also, but it is all straight time. Our option week is paid at 50 hours straight time.

Overpaid Union Thug

Here it's 45 hours for vacation and 58 for option weeks if you chose to have 7 consecutive paid days off. I'm making $23.96/hr but thats because I was a part-time cover driver first and am still in progression. I'll break $60/k this year. House payment? I'm looking for a house here pretty soon. I'm not going to go overboard with it. I don't want end up like most people that get a decent paying job and go out and plant themselves in debt 5 minutes later. Trying to be smart with it.