FT Drivers

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We don't always get heavy snows...most years our heaviest snows are in January and February. Sometimes we'll get a few inches in December during peak and it'll melt but then turn to inch thick ice. It ruins a day or two. We had 17 inches one night 4 years ago. That sucked...I work Twilight and I didn't get home until 7 am.
We got 33 inches back in feb like 4 days before valentines days....we were backed up for days. So valentine's day...I loaded in preload 3-9ish, then went out as a helper. One of the on-car sups was supposed to pick me up and take me back to the building around 6...but he never came. We got back around 1045pm..i slept in the cafeteria till my start time.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
"few"? No uh, I think many. If I can work in a dusty warehouse loading 1000+ packages while on my feet for the whole night, moving back and forth from trailer to trailer, to package car to package car at a constant pace, in worse weather than you drivers, I'm sure that many part-timers and I can do the job as good or better than any driver and last as long or longer than any driver can last. Plus we're doing it for chump change, while you drivers on the other hand are getting a fair days pay for a fair days work while it's very debatable that you guys are overpaid.

DUDE, you put a box on a conveyor belt for 5 months !! Honestly, you don't have enough time in this company to even criticize a seasonal driver let alone any full time worker !!! After reading all 116 of your posts, you "aint even gonna know" what it feels like to drive because you'll be long gone by then.

That's how society works, and I think it's just. People who have degrees or trades have a more complex knowledge than you and I - which makes them more rare, and rare things are always more expensive. Anybody out there can go out and get their driver's license in a month or two and become a great driver within 6 months or less. And anybody who is not dumb can live without committing a crime for 10 yrs or up until death.

Being a full time driver takes more than a license and H.S. diploma. Takes more than you think, and more than you have

Oh please, don't come up with that crap. Back then, the wait time wasn't more than 3 yrs on average. Plus many drivers were hired off the street straight into full time, hence upstate aka dave.

Signed up in 1995, and took 5 1/2 years. Smaller buildings take a long time, hubs tend to be in more urban areas with more routes, leading to more jobs and turnover

Lies. No way UPS is giving a part timer that many hours.

ummm YES during peak, which you've never experienced yet

Doesn't matter. It's "low paid". Ask anyone with any sense and they will tell you I'm right. I can bet you my life. Plus I'm only 19.

Not taking grammar advice from someone with an "aint" in their username

In conclusion, thank you for working part time in my company. You are an invaluable link in the logistics chain.

On the other hand, I don't think you're worthy to hold my diad while I go take a leak, let alone have a dependable opinion about a full timers pay and the corresponding hours and labor it involves !!

Maybe you will grow up and be a man one day or better yet sign up as a driver helper and experience it.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
DUDE, you put a box on a conveyor belt for 5 months !! Honestly, you don't have enough time in this company to even criticize a seasonal driver let alone any full time worker !!! After reading all 116 of your posts, you "aint even gonna know" what it feels like to drive because you'll be long gone by then.

Being a full time driver takes more than a license and H.S. diploma. Takes more than you think, and more than you have

Signed up in 1995, and took 5 1/2 years. Smaller buildings take a long time, hubs tend to be in more urban areas with more routes, leading to more jobs and turnover

ummm YES during peak, which you've never experienced yet

Not taking grammar advice from someone with an "aint" in their username

In conclusion, thank you for working part time in my company. You are an invaluable link in the logistics chain.

On the other hand, I don't think you're worthy to hold my diad while I go take a leak, let alone have a dependable opinion about a full timers pay and the corresponding hours and labor it involves !!

Maybe you will grow up and be a man one day or better yet sign up as a driver helper and experience it.

"Long gone by then"? Looks like you're one of the fat big boys in the office, probably one of their leaches that's tied up with their chains.

ZJ NOMAD

"Long gone by then"? Looks like you're one of the fat big boys in the office, probably one of their leaches that's tied up with their chains.

Why so much anger buddy, no mama, no papa? Or maybe to much being spoiled by mama, and papa. WAIT YOUR TURN!, or stop waisting every bodies time on this forum, as a matter of fact stop waisting your time in UPS and quit already, get the hell out of this company.

I have been working for UPS only 7 seven years, and I know I have to still wait atleast another 5 years to go full time driving.

Stop complaining so much, 99% of the chit you post makes no sense anyway. Complainers don't advance much in life.

I have a good second job, wife get's decent pay too, and I love working for UPS, I like making the most out of everything.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Honestly, your jokes and posts make no sense and I will assume you have "trailer fever" from last nights 3 1/2 hour work shift.

Most part timers aren't bitter little seeds like yourself, and the best thing about the long waiting period for full time driving is that the unworthy fall to the wayside and never make it. Prove me wrong.